2 hour premiere last night. The premise is that a person or persons unknown are holding a cross-country car race, winner getting $32 million. However, some participants are forced into racing. Examples are the guy whose wife gets kidnapped and is told the only way he'll ever see her again is to win, and a middle-aged mother who is told to race or her infant will have an extremely short life. The organizer(s) of the race also seem to know about the skeletons that many of the racers have hidden in their closets. The car sequences are okay but not the focal point of the show - obviously, if they did that it would be another "Smokey And The Bandit" movie and be done with in 2 hours. Instead the writers are trying to bring out plot and character development. One nice touch was having the mother finish the first leg in last place, and be given a gun and told to "remove a person from this other vehicle" if she wanted to be allowed to keep competing. She does, but not in the way that I wished.

Of course, the obvious question is: if someone is offering a $32 million purse to the winner of such a race, why do they need to force some people to participate? Maybe as the show develops, we'll find out.

It had just enough quirks to keep me watching till the end, so I'll give it a few episodes to see if it makes me want to stay with it.