Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Even so, I'd label him racist
Play I Some Music w/ Papa Andy
Saturday 8 PM - 11 PM ET
All Night Rewind 11 PM - 5 PM
Reggae, African and Caribbean Music
[link|http://westcottradio.org|Tune In]
New on what basis? Ive never heard him declare folks inferior
to whites. Did you hear something I didnt?
or are you claiming that the word racist has channged meaning over time. If so we need to find a new word for what racist means.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Re: on what basis? Ive never heard him declare folks inferio
I can't believe he would attack blacks so often and hire a guy to handle
the 'nigger' jokes if he wasn't racist

A
Play I Some Music w/ Papa Andy
Saturday 8 PM - 11 PM ET
All Night Rewind 11 PM - 5 PM
Reggae, African and Caribbean Music
[link|http://westcottradio.org|Tune In]
Expand Edited by andread April 12, 2007, 02:55:50 PM EDT
New Dont listem to him, havnt in years
so maybe he has changed. But until the FCC declares him over the line and fines the crap out of him, let the listening public decide.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

New Box trusting the gov to it's the job?
Snowballs in hell going on sale as we speak.

-----------------------------------------
You can fire an at will employee for good cause or no cause, but not bad cause.
New Might be mixing bills
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New You lost me.
I have no idea what "mixing bills" refers to. Well, I have some ideas, but none that make any sense. Unless, hmm. You and box agree on so many things I mistook you for him. Still doesn't make sense.

What the hell did you just say?
New Re: You lost me.
Box has some areas where he thinks the gov can be effective. Me on the other hand...
New Please never take a gov job then.
We don't need another person in public service who doesn't believe in public service.
New But...
When I worked for the State,I found that many people in public service don't believe in public service...

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Cheeze Louise. That was my damned point.
New Ya mean I GOTTA be adversarial? ROFL!

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

Expand Edited by imric April 13, 2007, 12:13:05 PM EDT
New Thats how I plan to retire
Get a fed job. No work, consistent paycheck. Great benefits.
New beep's facile take on the feds
Get a fed job. No work, consistent paycheck. Great benefits.

Back in the day I worked closely with a number of folks in the late U.S. Customs Service (1789-2003: then a subordinate agency of the Treasury Department; today a re-animated corpse staggering zombie-fashion beneath the benign oversight of the Department of Homeland Security), and was impressed—and surprised, because I had also bought into that notion (in fairness I was in my twenties)—by the professionalism of the (non-uniformed) arm I dealt with. These were people who not infrequently worked uncompensated weekends to keep up with their workloads, and whose conscientious attention to their duties was not merely unrewarded back in the early Reagan administration, but in some cases actually punished. They worked damned hard and did indeed receive both consistent (scarcely lavish) pay and great benefits (four weeks vacation PA after 3 years; five after 15 years), particularly by modern standards. And yes, there was the occasional deadwood, some clowns who would have been fired under a completely rational system. Since the system wasn't completely rational (firing deadwood involved, I gather, a lot of paperwork), Customs management took the easier course of routing the work around them. Those of us who dealt with the agency knew who to avoid.

But hey, beep, if that's your retirement plan, go crazy. For all I know, unqualified and no-work is the rule and not the exception elsewhere among the feds. But if you want to be certain, why not apply for a job at the White House right now?
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New ya gotta remember he lives in Joisey across from philly

New Washington ain't "the place to be"
and I'm sure there are diligent, hard workers on the Fed payroll just as much as I'm certain there are others that are less diligent. As to which group is the higher number...I believe my opinion is "duly noted".

Those in my family that are earning fed paychecks do actually work. Get alot more holidays than I do, though.

But as box so eloquently pointed out...I live in joisey...where it seems the only qualification necessary to earn close to 200k/yr is to be the gay lover of the governor. Being the brother of the mayor gets you no-bid 5million contracts. There are quite a few on the payroll 2 and 3 times, more dozens of no show employees.

My dream job.

New joisy jobs
"state " does not equal "federal." Your conflation of the two does not astonish me, however.

cordially,
New Its very much the same thing
I know many many many fed employees. As I said in my post. Some of them actually work.

Its seems you think I should make some distinction between local, state and fed workers...and by some leap think that fed workers are better than state or local?

Such a nice thing to have someone of faith. Faith that their tax dollars are hard at work supporting a diligent, hard working, ultra-efficient federal workforce.

New Faith
Such a nice thing to have someone of faith. Faith that their tax dollars are hard at work supporting a diligent, hard working, ultra-efficient federal workforce.
I'll put the federal peons up against the perfumed princes of the private sector (Enron, anyone?) any day. And you, Bill? You work so very, very hard as against anyone on the public teat? Prove it.
New sshh, you want us all to get in trouble?

New Well at least
Enron's IT dept didn't lose 5 million emails.
New 'Lose' is such a casual term . . .
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New I bet they would have loved to, but they didn't have time...
New So now your position is
that the government is more effective/competent than the private sector?

We posture as apostles of fair play, as good sportsmen, as professional knights-errant-- and we throw beer bottles at the umpire when he refuses to cheat for our side...We save the black-and-tan republics from their native [statesmen]--and flood them with "deserving" democrats of our own. We deafen the world with our whoops for liberty--and submit to laws that destroy our most sacred rights...We play policeman and Sunday-school superintendent to half of Christendom--and lynch a darky every two days in our own backyard.

H.L. Mencken, 1914
New Now I know you're on crack.
New I'm just interpreting your writing
Feel free to write differently. :-P

We posture as apostles of fair play, as good sportsmen, as professional knights-errant-- and we throw beer bottles at the umpire when he refuses to cheat for our side...We save the black-and-tan republics from their native [statesmen]--and flood them with "deserving" democrats of our own. We deafen the world with our whoops for liberty--and submit to laws that destroy our most sacred rights...We play policeman and Sunday-school superintendent to half of Christendom--and lynch a darky every two days in our own backyard.

H.L. Mencken, 1914
New That wouldn't be any fun at all!
New Neither did the gubmint
</conspiracy>

Peter
[link|http://www.no2id.net/|Don't Let The Terrorists Win]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
[link|http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?pwhysall|A better terminal emulator]
[image|http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h262/pwhysall/Misc/saveus.png|0|Darwinia||]
New But the RNC did; *White House* e-mails. WTFDYM,"conspiracy"?
New Yea, there's no conspiracy . . .
. . they did it all themselves without having to involve anyone else.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New FCC is an excellent govenment department
whiney afraid to do anything and saved me 200 bucks on a phone fee once :-)
thanx,
bill

The new racist gotcha - (bepatient) - (80)
         Ding, Ding! Equally hates everyone. -NT - (folkert) - (54)
             Fire Imus -NT - (andread) - (53)
                 No. Keep him. - (folkert) - (52)
                     ever heard of a racist moron? -NT - (andread) - (51)
                         Several - (bepatient) - (2)
                             What TV shows do they have? -NT - (andread) - (1)
                                 Imus was on one of their radio programs -NT - (bepatient)
                         bigot!=racists, you got the moron right -NT - (boxley) - (42)
                             Re: bigot!=racists, you got the moron right - (andread) - (41)
                                 incorrect - (boxley) - (40)
                                     Even so, I'd label him racist -NT - (andread) - (30)
                                         on what basis? Ive never heard him declare folks inferior - (boxley) - (29)
                                             Re: on what basis? Ive never heard him declare folks inferio - (andread) - (28)
                                                 Dont listem to him, havnt in years - (boxley) - (27)
                                                     Box trusting the gov to it's the job? - (Silverlock) - (26)
                                                         Might be mixing bills -NT - (bepatient) - (24)
                                                             You lost me. - (Silverlock) - (23)
                                                                 Re: You lost me. - (bepatient) - (22)
                                                                     Please never take a gov job then. - (Silverlock) - (21)
                                                                         But... - (imric) - (2)
                                                                             Cheeze Louise. That was my damned point. -NT - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                                                 Ya mean I GOTTA be adversarial? ROFL! -NT - (imric)
                                                                         Thats how I plan to retire - (bepatient) - (17)
                                                                             beep's facile take on the feds - (rcareaga) - (16)
                                                                                 ya gotta remember he lives in Joisey across from philly -NT - (boxley)
                                                                                 Washington ain't "the place to be" - (bepatient) - (14)
                                                                                     joisy jobs - (rcareaga) - (13)
                                                                                         Its very much the same thing - (bepatient) - (12)
                                                                                             Faith - (rcareaga) - (11)
                                                                                                 sshh, you want us all to get in trouble? -NT - (boxley)
                                                                                                 Well at least - (bepatient) - (9)
                                                                                                     'Lose' is such a casual term . . . -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                                                                     I bet they would have loved to, but they didn't have time... -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                                     So now your position is - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                                                                                                         Now I know you're on crack. -NT - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                                             I'm just interpreting your writing - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                                                                                                 That wouldn't be any fun at all! -NT - (bepatient)
                                                                                                     Neither did the gubmint - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                                                                                         But the RNC did; *White House* e-mails. WTFDYM,"conspiracy"? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                                                                             Yea, there's no conspiracy . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                         FCC is an excellent govenment department - (boxley)
                                     What's that, the BOxlish definition of the word? - (CRConrad) - (8)
                                         second entry in an american dictionary - (boxley) - (7)
                                             That's an or-ed list -- it says... - (CRConrad) - (6)
                                                 caught your punctuation mistake - (lincoln) - (5)
                                                     Sure you caught a mistake, lad - but not mine. HTH! - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                                         Since your post was far away from his - (lincoln) - (3)
                                                             Wow!! Box made a punctuation error? - (hnick) - (2)
                                                                 I already did - (lincoln)
                                                                 flattery will get you everywhere :-) -NT - (boxley)
                         Have you listened to "Imus in the Morning", his show? - (folkert) - (3)
                             The I-man is the original shock jock. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                 Yeah. Now though... - (folkert) - (1)
                                     You should've heard by now. All over but the shouting. -NT - (bepatient)
                         There are no non-racists - (tuberculosis)
         I saw some of that encounter - (tuberculosis)
         why is he suspended for 2 weeks for saying it once - (boxley) - (12)
             Even better... - (bepatient) - (1)
                 As soon as Jesse gets syndicated, fire him. -NT - (Silverlock)
             He wasn't suspended for the you people remark - (Seamus) - (9)
                 No. But Sharpton knew better - (bepatient) - (8)
                     NO, No, no... nonono. - (folkert)
                     Sharpton knew better? What evidence do you have for that? - (Seamus) - (6)
                         Don's a big boy. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                             Wrong - (bepatient) - (4)
                                 How do you know Sharpton would think that Imus means y'all - (Seamus) - (1)
                                     Like I said - (bepatient)
                                 Those words are used in Hip Hop for a reason. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     I certainly do. - (bepatient)
         Sharpton shows up on Hardball - (tuberculosis) - (7)
             I talk to them all the time, no probs. Its an attitude thing -NT - (boxley)
             Even better... - (bepatient) - (4)
                 So it is OK for the pot and kettle - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                     What? - (bepatient) - (2)
                         It isn't always about you, you know - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                             You posted that as a reply to me. - (bepatient)
             Saw that. - (a6l6e6x)
         "So of course Imus is dead" - (Silverlock) - (2)
             Maybe he'll go to satellite radio - (lincoln) - (1)
                 Assuming satellite radio survives, that is... -NT - (Another Scott)

It's got cop tires, cop engine, cop suspension...
175 ms