IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Gaah, just got the answer
The laft join syntax forces the order the tables will be scanned. On the particular query I was doing, when a regular join was used the optimizer picked the wrong order. Rather than use the keywords that direct the optimizer what to do, they just converted it to left joins.
We have to fight the terrorists as if there were no rules and preserve our open society as if there were no terrorists. -- [link|http://www.nytimes.com/2001/04/05/opinion/BIO-FRIEDMAN.html|Thomas Friedman]
New Yup. The speed depends more on the dataset
You didn't tell us whether .id was a unique index for either a or b (or both)?
---------------------------------
A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly by the chain of their own ideas;...despair and time eat away the bonds of iron and steel, but they are powerless against the habitual union of ideas, they can only tighten it still more; and on the soft fibres of the brain is founded the unshakable base of the soundest of Empires."

Jacques Servan, 1767
     Question on LEFT JOIN - (drewk) - (12)
         An unspecified joining query *is* a left join - (kmself) - (8)
             Hmm, I don't think so - (drewk) - (7)
                 No, "JOIN [tables] ON [condition]" is Standard SQL-92 AFAIK. -NT - (CRConrad)
                 Left Join. - (static) - (5)
                     re: inner/outer left/right joins - (tablizer) - (4)
                         Nope, they're really more kind'a the same thing. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                             Anybody ever do a FULL OUTER ? - (tablizer)
                             I like that description. - (static) - (1)
                                 You're welcome! (Both of you... ;^) -NT - (CRConrad)
         been a long time but wouldnt a stripped seek be faster - (boxley) - (2)
             Gaah, just got the answer - (drewk) - (1)
                 Yup. The speed depends more on the dataset - (tseliot)

I can see it now. New posts in IWETHEY Forum Guidelines requiring that bunches of wourds must nouw countain supueurufuluuuouuus u's scattered abuout.
50 ms