IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Sudden death in the family - a 16 year old.
I learned early this morning that my 16 year old cousin Adrienne, who lives in Cleveland, Texas, was killed last night in a head-on collision with a tanker truck. Apparently her boyfriend was driving the pickup they were in, and he somehow went over the center line into the path of the truck. The driver of the tanker tried to swerve, but failed, and they collided, flipping the pickup truck into a ditch and killing both my cousin Adrienne and her boyfriend. The tanker miraculously didn't explode, but both occupants of it were air lifted to a major hospital.

Her family in Texas is just completely in shock and overwhelmed with grief. I've talked to them several times today and also arranged for the flowers to be sent to the wake on Friday night. Several relatives from our area are planning a fast trip down for the funeral, including my sister and sister-in-law. My mom and dad aren't able to make the trip this time, and I'm staying here also.

It's just so sudden when something like this happens, there's no time to prepare or be ready to handle it. I've dealt with grieving people all day and done the best I can, and any prayers or good thoughts sent their way would be most welcome.

It just rams home how quickly a life, even one that young, can be snuffed out in just seconds. It seems to have really hit me hard, even though I didn't know her all that well, I grew up with her mother and grandmother as well as both her grandmother's sisters (one who is my age), and they are just devastated. It's tearing me apart inside that there is so little I can do. (sigh)

Anyway... just wanted to tell you all and ask for prayers to have the strength for myself and the family to cope with this sudden tragedy.

Thanks for your support,

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
Expand Edited by Nightowl April 5, 2007, 12:39:00 AM EDT
New Crossed fingers, praying to GRR & FSM & IPU for you
New Thoughts and prayers.
Tragic :(
--
Steve
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu]
New Sorry to hear it. Good wishes
-----------------------------------------
You can fire an at will employee for good cause or no cause, but not bad cause.
New My prayers.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Deepest sympathies.

Peter
[link|http://www.no2id.net/|Don't Let The Terrorists Win]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
[link|http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?pwhysall|A better terminal emulator]
[image|http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h262/pwhysall/Misc/saveus.png|0|Darwinia||]
New Condolences, Brenda, and best thoughts for you and yours
New hey bren, thinking about you n yourn
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New That is not cool. Thoughts and prayers your way!
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New More thoughts and prayers. Condolences.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New Condolences your way, Brenda!
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
New Condolences. :-(
New Condolences
Darrell Spice, Jr.            Trendy yet complex\nPeople seek me out - though they're not sure why\n[link|http://spiceware.org/gallery/ArtisticOverpass|Artistic Overpass]                      [link|http://www.spiceware.org/|SpiceWare]
New so sorry
Smile,
Amy
New Condolences, Brenda.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Condolences from SE Texas
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:golf_lover44@yahoo.com|contact me]
New Sincere condolences
I'm sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.
New Bummer all around... there are no words.

New Update and thanks :)
Thank you for your support, everyone.

I've been meaning to post something sooner, but my vacation with John just ended yesterday, (he had a few days off and we celebrated our 8th Wedding Anniversary on the 10th), and I guess I also feel somewhat overwhelmed by everything that went on last week with my cousin dying, some stress at church on Easter Sunday, and etc., so I haven't done much of anything online except read here and there.

But I wanted to get in here and post and let you all know how I'm doing. I did find my cousin's obit today and I posted that in the family group, and there is an article about the accident on the Internet as well, but that one I'm not posting on the family group as a courtesy to the family. If you want to see it though, you can go here:

[link|http://www.i-dineout.com/|http://www.i-dineout.com/]

It's titled "Two Young People Die In Tarkington Crash" And it's dated April 4th, 2007. Just scroll down the list of articles on the home page and you should find it. Be warned, the pickup truck looks really bad. :(

I also had been given several details wrong. It apparently was not a tanker truck, from the photos and article, and neither person who was driving the 18 wheeler died, so maybe they will be able to shed some light on what actually happened. They are also going to do an autopsy on my cousin's boyfriend to see if any other factors played a part in the crash. It appears now from all signs, that Adrienne's boyfriend was the one who drifted or crossed over the line into the path of the 18-wheeler, and the 18 wheeler made a valiant attempt to swerve out of the way, as evidenced by the tracks in the grass, which failed. Then after impacting the pickup and causing it to flip over and roll, the 18-wheeler wound up in the ditch on the side, with most of it's cab destroyed.

A group of family members from here and IL made the trip down to Texas for her funeral, and returned safely, saying it was one of the hardest ones they'd ever attended because she was so young. I can imagine. But I was sort of comforted to learn that pink, the color I had chosen for the main flowers I had sent down had been her favorite color, which was kind of nice since I had had no idea.

I think it will be harder now to deal with her loss, for the immediate family, and we are doing all we can to give them support at this time. I didn't know her all that well but I feel the deep grief of her mother, aunts and grandmother whom I grew up with. I've talked to them several times and they are pretty distraught.

Anyway, I just wanted to update you and thank you for all the support, even though I didn't post sooner, I did read them these past few days and that was comforting. Thanks. :)

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
     Sudden death in the family - a 16 year old. - (Nightowl) - (18)
         Crossed fingers, praying to GRR & FSM & IPU for you -NT - (CRConrad)
         Thoughts and prayers. - (Steve Lowe)
         Sorry to hear it. Good wishes -NT - (Silverlock)
         My prayers. -NT - (imric)
         Deepest sympathies. -NT - (pwhysall)
         Condolences, Brenda, and best thoughts for you and yours -NT - (hnick)
         hey bren, thinking about you n yourn -NT - (boxley)
         That is not cool. Thoughts and prayers your way! -NT - (bepatient)
         More thoughts and prayers. Condolences. -NT - (jbrabeck)
         Condolences your way, Brenda! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Condolences. :-( -NT - (Another Scott)
         Condolences -NT - (SpiceWare)
         so sorry -NT - (imqwerky)
         Condolences, Brenda. -NT - (admin)
         Condolences from SE Texas -NT - (lincoln)
         Sincere condolences - (dmcarls)
         Bummer all around... there are no words. -NT - (Ashton)
         Update and thanks :) - (Nightowl)

Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!
72 ms