Okay, I just finished setting up the new Airport Extreme base station to replace my old AP. (I'm setting up my old Power Mac to be a streaming multimedia server so I figure cranking up the bandwidth on my home network is a good idea.)

Very easy setup, as expected, though I did take the time to note the settings on my old base station before disconnecting. The new setup utility got just about all the settings right automatically. (I had to tweak the LAN DHCP address range.)

It saw and connected to my DSL modem without a hitch. It also saw my USB printer. Print sharing works flawlessly.

When I ran the install CD in my MacBook Pro, it installed the 802.11n firmware update in addition to the admin utilities and after a reboot my MacBook saw the new wireless network and connected just fine, with improved range as well. (I used to have an Airport Express to extend the range of my old network.)

So far the Internet seems pretty snappy over Wifi but the real proof will be when I backup some video files from my MacBook to my Power Mac.

So far, I'm pretty happy with the upgrade. The local Apple Store gave me an educational discount on the hardware and I'm looking forward to plugging in my other printer and hard drive into the base station via a USB hub.