IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hey, we know what works
because we've done it before. The trick is not minding, and therefore never answering him. It's called the silent treatment, and it worked a treat last time. I indulged once, but I've kept out of it since then... except to make this very same point.

Folks, if we don't want him here (and I pretty much don't; the shit he pulled on Owl alone is reason enough, let alone his online behaviour), we gotta stop responding to him.

Lily, having known Norm in an online way for quite a few years now, I'd call it borderline personality disorder... but I'm not a doctor. OTOH, I've read about sociopathy a fair bit and the shoe fits... it's just fortunate that he's not way way off the scope and not hugely competent along with it, and therefore ends up being less than functional instead of a monster. That didn't stop him from being able to really screw with Owl for quite a few months, though.

Seriously, guys, it's shit or get off the pot; if we don't want him here, ALL OF US need to stop responding to him.
New At least I learned how to stop that ;)
...That didn't stop him from being able to really screw with Owl for quite a few months, though.

I am happy to state that I've been Norm-free for quite some time now, both online and off.

I have to agree with everyone else... don't encourage him, don't reply, and you get your power back. Every response just makes him stronger.

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
Expand Edited by Nightowl April 19, 2007, 02:13:48 AM EDT
     Every topic you comment upon... - (rcareaga) - (16)
         Agreed -NT - (crazy) - (1)
             Doubly so. - (folkert)
         Wow, we have lost our civility. - (bepatient) - (13)
             I was so proud of myself for staying out of this - (Lily) - (3)
                 And you were doing SO well ! - (bepatient)
                 Hey, we know what works - (jake123) - (1)
                     At least I learned how to stop that ;) - (Nightowl)
             Some people don't deserve any. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                 I liken it to parenting...or training your dog ;-) - (bepatient) - (1)
                     Right! Cattle prods and m&ms -NT - (tuberculosis)
             Re: Wow, we have lost our civility. - (rcareaga) - (5)
                 Won't argue this. Don't disagree. - (bepatient)
                 Then stop poking the fate bear. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                     You said it beautifully, Thane - (Nightowl)
                 So JerryP's whack; but I never thought it would get THAT bad -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     I should have said "occasional" contributor - (rcareaga)

X is like democracy: it sucks, but everything else sucks more.
44 ms