IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New On "grassroots victory"
Is that "80%" figure by count of percentage of the $14MM raised, or by count of number of donations? There could be a reasonably significant difference as far as how that's interpreted...
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New good point, didnt think of that
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Re: On "grassroots victory"
80% of 40,000 contributors means 32,000 gave $100 or less.

At $100(ignoring the less), that's less than 23% of the dollars contributed.
Darrell Spice, Jr.            Trendy yet complex\nPeople seek me out - though they're not sure why\n[link|http://spiceware.org/gallery/ArtisticOverpass|Artistic Overpass]                      [link|http://www.spiceware.org/|SpiceWare]
Expand Edited by SpiceWare April 4, 2007, 10:17:16 AM EDT
New Leaving the average over $100 donation = $1350
Seems plausible.

I4 NOW!

Impeach, Indict, Incarcerate, Inject
Bush, Cheney, Gonzalez, Rumsfeld, Rove, Rice
New Re: On "grassroots victory"
Is that "80%" figure by count of percentage of the $14MM raised, or by count of number of donations? There could be a reasonably significant difference as far as how that's interpreted...

I think it would have to be 80% of the donations, not 80% of the $14M.

40,000 donations * .8 * $100 is only $3.2M. And they where talking about donation of $100 or less.

Jay
New Something is missing
It mentions 40,000 contributors, but not the number of contributions

As shown before, 80% of 40,000 times 100 equals 3.2M

But, 80% of $14M is $11.2M which would require at least 112K donations at $100 or less per donation. I guess that is 3 donations per contributor.
Seamus
New Or...
The total monetary value from the 80% of 40,000 contributors is somewhere south of $3.2MM (I say "south" because it is $100 or less), and the balance of his $14MM haul (which is $10.8MM) came from contributions over $100.01.

So a little math shows us that the size of the average donation of the balance ($10.8MM / 8000 donors) is $1350.00.
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Sure if you want to be logical
I guess I shouldn't try to work and post at the same time.
Seamus
New Why would you want to be logical?!? This is POLITICS!!!
Dammit, Jim...
jb4
"It's hard for me, you know, living in this beautiful White House, to give you a firsthand assessment."
George W. Bush, when asked if he believed Iraq was in a state of civil war (Newsweek, 26 Feb 07)
New More details on April 15, apparently.
[link|http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D8O8HMJ80.htm|Business Week]:

On Sunday, Clinton and Edwards chose to announce only their money totals; they do not have to make detailed fundraising and spending reports public until April 15.

Clinton's campaign, which reported total receipts of $36 million, would not say how much of her $26 million in new contributions were general election donations that would be useless in her primary campaign. In addition to the donations, Clinton transferred $10 million from her Senate campaign account.

Edwards aides said his $14 million in new contributions included $1 million for the general election.

Neither the Edwards nor the Clinton camps wanted to discuss how much cash they had left, making it more difficult to assess how the two campaigns stack up against each other.

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Political Moneyline has the details.
[link|http://www.tray.com/fecinfo/|PoliticalMoneyline] has each candidate's report, and an [link|http://www.politicalmoneyline.com/cgi-win/pml1_sql_PRESIDENTIAL2008.exe?DoFn=2008|overall summary of dollars] for the major presidential candidates.

Clinton had an average of $1610.22 per individual, while Edwards had an average of $1229.47 per individual, and Obama had an average of $1267.20 per individual. That strikes me as extraordinarily high, for all of them - especially this early in the process. Since Obama is claiming 100,000 on-line donors but only lists 20,284 total in the form, presumably small contributions are aggregated somehow.

Cheers,
Scott.
     on edwards and money - (boxley) - (14)
         On "grassroots victory" - (Yendor) - (10)
             good point, didnt think of that -NT - (boxley)
             Re: On "grassroots victory" - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                 Leaving the average over $100 donation = $1350 - (tuberculosis)
             Re: On "grassroots victory" - (JayMehaffey)
             Something is missing - (Seamus) - (5)
                 Or... - (Yendor) - (2)
                     Sure if you want to be logical - (Seamus) - (1)
                         Why would you want to be logical?!? This is POLITICS!!! - (jb4)
                 More details on April 15, apparently. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     Political Moneyline has the details. - (Another Scott)
         Obama did better. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             Yes, but I'm expecting the two front runners to pave the way - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                 I hope you're right. -NT - (mmoffitt)

Many of the dead have finished being dead without the assistance of medical staff or fancy equipment. It would be good if people could help with the swift opening of bags that are wiggling and/or noisy.
67 ms