IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Interesting, maybe, but no twist, that's for sure
It's pretty much classic, actually.
New What I find interesting
What I find interesting is that ammunition production has not been ramped up enough to handle the situation yet. It is not like this is a sudden situation at this point, they have had several years to ramp up production, but it is still terminally short.

I see two problems. First the companies that normally make ammunition don't want to over build. Wars can end at any moment and orders will drop like a rock when that happens. Second, modern hyper-specialized companies can not shift manufacturing the way the old conglomerate general manufacturing companies could. Thus there are not outside companies coming in to take advantage of the inflated price.

Of course it will probably adapt eventually if this keeps up. I expect a lot of the smaller semi-state arms manufactures found in asia and eastern europe are ramping up production as we speak.

Jay
New The Israeli's were supplying most of the ammo
until they blew their stockpiles last summer.
thanks,
Bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Yep, but now it's guns vs guns.
     Ammo shortages hit police - (JayMehaffey) - (7)
         Interesting twist on guns vs. butter ... -NT - (scoenye) - (4)
             Interesting, maybe, but no twist, that's for sure - (jake123) - (3)
                 What I find interesting - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                     The Israeli's were supplying most of the ammo - (boxley)
                 Yep, but now it's guns vs guns. -NT - (scoenye)
         At long last, some good news! -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             Thou sayest :-) -NT - (Ashton)

It's only Monday, and that is already the dumbest question of the week.
35 ms