IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hadn't seen this shearing technique before...
...but sheep will be sheep.

I got a piece of spam this morning (the electronic kind). Easy enough to delete. But then I got a second piece of mail that was more insidious--a clever bit of social engineering. Read for yourself to see how paranoid you are:

THIS IS TOTAL CRAP!!!!!!!!!! BOMBARD THIS JERK WITH HIS OWN SPAM ......
I DON'T KNOW WHERE HE GETS HIS ADDRESSES BUT IF WE ALL SEND THIS STUPID
MESSAGE BACK MAYBE HE'LL WISE UP!!!!!!

Baa. Wonder how many on the list will actually take his advice, thereby securing their woolly fate...
---------------------------------
A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly by the chain of their own ideas;...despair and time eat away the bonds of iron and steel, but they are powerless against the habitual union of ideas, they can only tighten it still more; and on the soft fibres of the brain is founded the unshakable base of the soundest of Empires."

Jacques Servan, 1767
New Well that message will become a classic. :)
Nothing like hooking emotions to get one to do stupid things.
Alex

"Of course, you realize this means war." -B. Bunny
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x Feb. 11, 2002, 12:24:09 PM EST
New THEN, I got another! LOL
Someone replied to the 2nd sender AND the entire list of original recipients, enlightening them that "Outlook can block by sender". :D I sent him (and only him) a targeted reply, saying basically what I did above; hope he understands.

I'm going to put that in my book:

I Bob 3:2: "Spam begets spam."

*snort*
---------------------------------
A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly by the chain of their own ideas;...despair and time eat away the bonds of iron and steel, but they are powerless against the habitual union of ideas, they can only tighten it still more; and on the soft fibres of the brain is founded the unshakable base of the soundest of Empires."

Jacques Servan, 1767
     Hadn't seen this shearing technique before... - (tseliot) - (2)
         Well that message will become a classic. :) - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             THEN, I got another! LOL - (tseliot)

Any more than we can resent a dog licking its own testicles.
67 ms