IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: You should go to Cuba
So why don't you just go and live there if it is so much better than the USA?

I can't get insurance because of my suicidal behavior in the past, I am without a job and my career is ruined, and nobody cares about the discrimination against me every day due to my mental illness that is a disability. I live on a low income, but somehow I am able to make ends meet. I'll bet I live on a lot less than you do as I haven't worked since 2002.

Then again I am smart enough to know how to live within my means. I am not "living large" and I am making do with what limited resources I have. Many immigrants come here and live on minimum wage and stay here. Heck we got illegal immigrants living on less that minimum wage and they don't even want to leave.

(sarcasm)
Sure labor is treated a lot better in Cuba:
[link|http://www6.miami.edu/iccas/laborENG.pdf|http://www6.miami.edu/iccas/laborENG.pdf]

A nice economy too, better than the USA, right? That's why the Cuban economy is almost bankrupt?

Sure people don't starve and have medical care, because they haven't been murdered yet by the government for political reasons:
[link|http://www.fiu.edu/~fcf/juanclark.cuba/clark97.humrtscond.html|http://www.fiu.edu/~...7.humrtscond.html]
Or perhaps they haven't escaped yet? Looks like Communist Party Loyalty is rewarded though, sucks to not be accepted by the only political party in Cuba.

Ask the UN about human rights and freedoms:
[link|http://www.unhcr.org/home/RSDCOI/3ae6a61a0.html|http://www.unhcr.org...OI/3ae6a61a0.html]

Ask Amnesty International?
[link|http://web.amnesty.org/library/Index/ENGAMR250032007?open&of=ENG-CUB|http://web.amnesty.o...7?open&of=ENG-CUB]

Such a nice place, super economy, high tech medical facilities, no human rights violations, no labor problems, must be a paradise you say?
(/sarcasm)

All in all I'd rather live in Thailand that Cuba. I am doing quite well in the USA despite my low income. Then again I did pass my economics and accounting classes and I know how to handle money and avoid spending on trivial things.

"It is of interest to note that while some dolphins are reported to have learned English -- up to fifty words used in correct context -- no human being has been reported to have learned dolphinese."
Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996)

[link|http://district268.xormad.com|I am from District 268].
New I have someplace else in mind
As to Thailand - you should go. Seriously, you can live like a king on much less. Bangkok has outstanding health care services for considerably less than you pay here. True story of some 'murican travellers:

"Results of the angiogram in Bangkok showed complete blockage on my heart's left main artery and 80-90% closure of the two right mains. The recommendation of the cardiologist, Dr. Aram Chusid, was for immediate open heart surgery to perform a triple by-pass procedure. More hurried phone calls to the USA with our insurance carrier assured us that they would support us in this operation and even gave us background information on the designated heart surgeon, Dr. Patanasak. We have to say, our insurance carrier, Federal Blue Cross/Blue Shield, was great throughout this ordeal. They even arranged for direct payment of the medical costs.

Okay, gulp! It all happened so fast, we didn't have time to get very frightened, and it wouldn't have done any good anyway. We had brought but a single change of clothes with us. So, Nancy signed up for three weeks stay in our favorite Bangkok hotel, the Krit Thai Mansion, and by the next evening at 2230 hours, I had undergone a six-hour operation that involved five (5) bypasses. I cannot say enough good things about the two cardiologists who helped me, Dr. Chusid and Dr. Patanasak. They and the nurses and the entire Bumrungrad hospital were just first rate. The facilities are like a five star hotel. I seriously doubt we could have afforded such excellent care in the United States!"

You have an in - go. I most definitely would.

I4 NOW!

Impeach, Indict, Incarcerate, Inject
Bush, Cheney, Gonzalez, Rumsfeld, Rove, Rice
Expand Edited by tuberculosis March 30, 2007, 08:10:25 PM EDT
New Re: I have someplace else in mind
I will go in June of 2007 for about 30 days. My wife has a sick mother there who might die soon and wants to see her grandson. I went there in 2000, nice country we went to southern Thailand, this time we will go to northern Thailand. Southern Thailand has some infighting and terrorists from Malaysia trying to take land back for Malaysia.

I think it was $15 for a hospital stay there in the ER including medicine. Cheap dental work as well in Thailand.

I have an illness that affects about 1% (or less 0.5%) of the population as well:
[link|http://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/guide/mental-health-schizoaffective-disorder|http://www.webmd.com...ffective-disorder]

It caused some of my past behavior here as well, but I am fighting it. The Thai Monks taught me meditation which helps. There is a local Thai temple here near my house. Muay Thai is also supposed to help and they teach it at the temple some times. It is a struggle to gain control of my life.

"It is of interest to note that while some dolphins are reported to have learned English -- up to fifty words used in correct context -- no human being has been reported to have learned dolphinese."
Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996)

New Why don't you live there?
Sounds great.

I4 NOW!

New Re: Why don't you live there?
Because I have more freedoms and can make better money in the USA.

Emigrating to Thailand is complicated, I can stay for 30 days without a Visa, but applying for a Visa is complicated. I would have to find a company willing to hire me to go on a Work Visa to Thailand. I am too old for a Student Visa and the colleges in the USA are a lot better anyway. Becoming a Thai citizen is complicated as well.

There are Islamic Terrorists in Thailand targeting foreigners especially US foreigners, and if I stay too long I will become a target to be kidnapped or murdered.

Cuba by the way, only shows you Gingros the nice parts of town and moves all the troublemakers to prisons away from tourists. They are nice to you to get you to spend your money there. Yet try to move to live in Cuba and try to pull the same BS in Cuba that you pull in the USA and you will find out what those prisons are like first hand. I'd rather live in a nation with a government that doesn't throw me in prison and murder me for talking out against the President or government, if you know what I mean. Talking out against the King or the Thai government gets you thrown in prison in Thailand as well, but without that murder punishment.

Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996)

New The only concentration camps in Cuba are run by the US
There are prisons - but I met a number of black people who had emigrated from the US because they felt they had better opportunities as black people.

As to better money - it is all subjective. It costs a lot to live in the US. I'd be happy with less money if I also got lower expenses.

I4 NOW!

New Re: The only concentration camps in Cuba are run by the US
Nope sorry not what the International reports say. I'd rather be in Gitmo than Castro's concentration camps.

The average pay in Thailand is $100USD a month, the cost of a house is $500USD a month not including utilities.

The real difference between you and me is that I have to think of my families needs which are met in the USA but not met in Cuba or Thailand. My family does not want to move out of the USA, and I honor that request. Another difference is that you don't mind giving up freedoms and rights in exchange of lower cost goods and services, while I would rather pay more for goods and services in order to have my freedoms.

Sure Cuba won't have corporate advertising in your face, but they will have Communist propaganda in your face instead. I really don't see much of a difference between it, except that if you don't want to believe in the Communist propaganda you have people like yourself and other Communists ready to take away the people who refuse to believe it into concentration camps. That is why you are so strongly attacking me on these issues, while I allow you the freedoms to choose where you want to live. If you want to live in Cuba, go right ahead, I don't stop you.

I got family members in Thailand that I applied for green cards, because conditions in Thailand are bad, under martial law now, and Al Qeada has a network there trying to overthrow the Thai government because they are not under Islamic Law. I have a mother-in-law that is too sick to move and might die soon, so I have to go there and pay for her medical treatment as well as have my son see her before she passes on.

You see, unlike you, I think of others, and I care about others, and not just selfish interests. A lot of my family depends on me for support to be in the USA. I cannot just leave them, I have to help them.

You have a right to your views and opinions, even if they are wrong, and mostly based on Communist propaganda. Yet you seem to say I don't have a right to my views and opinions?

Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996)

New Whoa whoa whoa
"That is why you are so strongly attacking me"

I'm not attacking you.

The rest of what you say about me just isn't true - I have a family to feed too. But I'll let it pass.

I don't believe the 'international reports'. They haven't proven to be accurate when I actually go to the countries in question and meet the people there.

I"m gonna go away now.

I4 NOW!

New Bullshit.
I lived like a KING for $60US for for nearly an entire month. Including rent, Live-in housekeeper, chef, laundry, "companion". While I was on Leave. She actually owned the house.

--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
Freedom is not FREE.
Yeah, but 10s of Trillions of US Dollars?
SELECT * FROM scog WHERE ethics > 0;

0 rows returned.
New you are replyimg to a tard troll
quit responding. my folks spend a lot ot time there,
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Then you know.
Though my time frame was a few years ago.
--
Freedom is not FREE.

0 rows returned.
New C'mon Greg
He's a whackjob.
Like you, except your medication is working.
I doubt his ever did.
Let it go.
He's not worth the 20 seconds to formulate a reply.
New Yeah... shame on me.
--
Freedom is not FREE.

0 rows returned.
New Re: C'mon Greg
That is the sort of attacks on me that I talked about earlier.

I can see when I start using factual information and back it up with international reports, the personal attacks on me begin again.

I could start to attack back, but I am much better than that. It says more about the characters of the people doing the attacks on me, than whether I am right or wrong.

I disagree, but I refuse to get into a fight about it.

Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996)

New Where did I attack you?
There were absolutely zero personal attack.

Rebuttal of the fact provided, yes. Personal attack, no.

Distinguishing them are a key to being able to debate.
--
Freedom is not FREE.

0 rows returned.
New You're assuming he's interested in debate
I find that assumption dubious at best.
New All he wants is the Purina Troll Chow y'all keep feeding him
-----------------------------------------
You can fire an at will employee for good cause or no cause, but not bad cause.
New Funny I was replying to "Crazy" and not you
It seems there are two type of people trying to get me into a flamewar:

Those who issue debates on the same argument over and over again.

Then those who do personal attacks on me, after the first set me up for them.

Repeating the same thing over and over again is not only an annoyance attack, it is almost practically brainwashing. Like if I get told the same thing over and over again, maybe I will start to believe it. Like I said I support the right to views and opinions like that, but nobody has the right to shove them down my throat. Todd already did a good job of that, and you just made it worse by basically saying the same thing. Anyway it is a sign of disrespect and it does upset me.

Follow Silverlock's advice and don't bother replying to me. Smartest thing you can do. Don't play a game with me using your friends to goad me into a flamewar, I refuse to enter one. Those days are over. You guys cannot manipulate me into attacking you guys back or go multiple accounts again. I am too smart for that.

Nice try really.

I got family living in Thailand, $60 won't last you a month. Last time I was there we spent $1500 and that was for two weeks in 2000. Now we will be there for a month and we might have to spend more. $60 might have had you living like a King in Thailand 100 years ago for a month, but my wife read that comment and laughed at you. She lived in Thailand for 18 years and knows how hard it is to make ends meet there. Her family struggles and many of them make $100 a month and a teacher makes $200 a month, maybe a manager of a factory makes $300 a month and pooling it all together still requires us to send them at least $200 to $500 a month to support them. Your economics are flawed, Greg, you forget I was in Thailand in 2000 and I got family that lives there.

Nice setup though. The old me would have walked into that trap and joined the others in a name-calling match and enter a flamewar or go multiple. That tactic won't work on the new me. You guys cannot gang up on me like you used to do. Oh sure I take responsibility for the way I reacted, but I was manipulated into that behavior.

Your argument is the same argument that I have debated several times over now with ToddBlanchard. I cite sources from the UN and Amnesty International and other International Reports. See I took International Management in college and I know how to research these things. I graduated with honors. So having your "friends" insult my intelligence and calling me a "tard" or a "troll" won't make me jump through hoops or honk that horn anymore. Orion don't play that way. You bring nothing new to the debate and I can easily debunk what you have posted.

If you want to keep it a honest debate, then fine. Just get the others to stop their attacks on me. I called that one, I really did, I said I would be attacked and I was. I am learning how to predict you guys now, really predictable.

I only seek friendship and information, what I get is something else entirely. I forgive you Greg, and the others. I just ask you all to be more considerate in the future. If I seemed out of line, I apologize for that, it was not my intent.

Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996)

Expand Edited by orion April 3, 2007, 03:11:43 PM EDT
Expand Edited by orion April 3, 2007, 06:41:20 PM EDT
New twit file as of now. You aren't interested in "discussion".
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg]

You only want to argue twitiful stuff.
New I, too, would rather you were in Gitmo
New I'm sure this is all very satisfying
and I have indulged too, but I think our original policy of not replying to him for any reason is still the best policy.
New Why, so you can pine about his rights being violated?
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New For him he'd make an exception
     dont often agree with fidel castro but he's right on this - (boxley) - (38)
         He is mistaken on one point - (JayMehaffey) - (3)
             its foreign policy, a sop to end middle east oil imports - (boxley)
             You can make plenty of ethanol from kudzu. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 Which is too bad... - (cwbrenn)
         we pay people not to grow corn -NT - (andread)
         Did you know that Castro - (orion) - (32)
             You should go to Cuba - (tuberculosis) - (28)
                 since I have a bro-in law who lives in Cuba - (boxley) - (4)
                     I like it there - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                         well you are lucky enough to get to go - (boxley) - (2)
                             /lucky/sneaky/ - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                 a quick hop to burmuda and a direct flight to havana - (boxley)
                 Re: You should go to Cuba - (orion) - (22)
                     I have someplace else in mind - (tuberculosis) - (21)
                         Re: I have someplace else in mind - (orion) - (20)
                             Why don't you live there? - (tuberculosis) - (19)
                                 Re: Why don't you live there? - (orion) - (18)
                                     The only concentration camps in Cuba are run by the US - (tuberculosis) - (17)
                                         Re: The only concentration camps in Cuba are run by the US - (orion) - (16)
                                             Whoa whoa whoa - (tuberculosis)
                                             Bullshit. - (folkert) - (10)
                                                 you are replyimg to a tard troll - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     Then you know. - (folkert)
                                                 C'mon Greg - (crazy) - (7)
                                                     Yeah... shame on me. -NT - (folkert)
                                                     Re: C'mon Greg - (orion) - (5)
                                                         Where did I attack you? - (folkert) - (4)
                                                             You're assuming he's interested in debate - (jake123) - (1)
                                                                 All he wants is the Purina Troll Chow y'all keep feeding him -NT - (Silverlock)
                                                             Funny I was replying to "Crazy" and not you - (orion) - (1)
                                                                 twit file as of now. You aren't interested in "discussion". -NT - (folkert)
                                             I, too, would rather you were in Gitmo -NT - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                                 I'm sure this is all very satisfying - (jake123)
                                                 Why, so you can pine about his rights being violated? -NT - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                     For him he'd make an exception -NT - (crazy)
             When did we EVER step in because poor people needed food? - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 Usually right after a disaster - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                     Re: Usually right after a disaster - (orion)

Everything is terrible.
196 ms