IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yes.
Unless you've worked with one, then don't write your own. I'm serious. I maintain and extend one as my day job that I inherited and unless you've done that you should *not* think you can write one from scratch.

There are numerous ones that run web-based that can get you started. RT is perl-based, but quite popular and not too difficult to customise. There's also SugarCRM that I've only seen. It's in PHP. Both are open-source.

We've also looked at at least two commercial offerings and very quickly found limitations. Hosted services, for example, don't like 50Gb of database to import.

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

· my ·
· [link|http://staticsan.livejournal.com/|blog] ·
· [link|http://yceran.org/|website] ·

New I've used Track-It at my last two positions.
As Peter pointed out, it's a turd.

I've been trying to get us to migrate to RT, as it does the job as well, and in fact gives a much better overall experience than Track-It. But, we're using Track-It already, so nobody wants to move.

Even though we pay WAY too much money for it...
Odoru aho ni miru aho!
Onaji aho nara odoranya son son!
New We're a pure M$ shop
because the owner wants it that way. Also, I believe that the call center currently at the top of our list is also pure M$. So I think that your suggestions will be shot down.

If you can think of any others, I'll gladly listen.
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:golf_lover44@yahoo.com|contact me]
New Re: We're a pure M$ shop
RT does have a Winders version available according to their site.
Odoru aho ni miru aho!
New RT - link please?
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

New Re: RT - link please?
[link|http://bestpractical.com/rt|http://bestpractical.com/rt]
Odoru aho ni miru aho!
New Thank you!
lincoln

Anyone ever write a help desk application? - (lincoln) - (15)
         use remedy its a piece of crap but most are familiar with it -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             Big River Books Runs On It - (tuberculosis)
         Yes. - (static) - (6)
             I've used Track-It at my last two positions. - (inthane-chan)
             We're a pure M$ shop - (lincoln) - (4)
                 Re: We're a pure M$ shop - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                     RT - link please? -NT - (lincoln) - (2)
                         Re: RT - link please? - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                             Thank you! -NT - (lincoln)
         I researched 'em but it was years back. - (Silverlock)
         They're all crap. - (pwhysall)
         Very important question to ask - (drewk) - (1)
             Re: Very important question to ask - (lincoln)
         I worked on a help desk as well as wrote a program - (orion)
         I get to write it - (lincoln)

POW, right through the window, 12 inches of steel!
57 ms