IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New that should be an fireable offense
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Who gets fired?
Doan for letting it happen? Jennings for giving the presentation?

What about Rove, who I believe is Jennigs' boss? Did he know what was going on? If he didn't he he should be gone for performance reasons alone:)
Seamus
New Rove? Rove? I hear bells!
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New And you start salivating?
Seamus
New I think you confuse the WH and the government
The white house has two components public policy for the executive and is the seat of the titular hrad of the governing party. Executive branch departments such as the GSA are headed by political appointees of the ruling party but are expected to work solely on behalf of the people of the united states.

To the matter at hand, the political crowd had a power point on the demographics of the election. Perfectly legitimate. The crowd is mostly political appointees and their nepotic sycophants. Nothing wrong here.

After the presentation the head of the GSA wants to use public resources to further the aims of the political will. Fireable as only congress may address the purse strings on pork.

The proper way would have been to give the presentation to congress critters, have them allocate the resources and the GSA implements in an impartial manner.
it isn't 1866 anymore.
thanx
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

New I think you confuse the subject of the slide show
The presentation had slides about defending republican seats and attacking democratic seats. I don't how it is appropriate to show a slide show like that to a government employee.

The White House employees are not allowed to campaign. They have to resign to run or work on campaigns - legally.
Seamus
Expand Edited by Seamus March 28, 2007, 06:50:50 PM EDT
New the law states you cant campaign
it doesnt say run out of the room with your hands over your ears screaming lalalalalala evey time a political hack shows up. The slide show is fine, the activity of the head of the gsa a non political operative is not.
thanx,
bill

New What was the slide show if not an inducement to campaign?
If it was an inducement to campaign then it probably was a policial meeting and according to Hatch Act:

These federal employees may not-

* be candidates for public office in partisan elections
* campaign for or against a candidate or slate of candidates in partisan elections
* make campaign speeches
* collect contributions or sell tickets to political fund raising functions
* distribute campaign material in partisan elections
* organize or manage political rallies or meetings

It seems to me violation of the spirit of the Hatch Act if not the letter .
Seamus
New I will agree on your last statement, but cant prosecute
spirit. However the GSA head who asked for help in acheiving those goals broke the letter and should pay.
thanx,
bill

New You can't use federal property and facilities to campaign.
[link|http://www.osc.gov/ha_fed.htm|Hatch Act for Federal Employees].

Cheers,
Scott.
New What would the GSA need to know about the demographics?
The elections are the individual states' responsibilities.
Seamus
     GSA Chief Is Accused of Playing Politics - (Seamus) - (15)
         that should be an fireable offense -NT - (boxley) - (10)
             Who gets fired? - (Seamus) - (9)
                 Rove? Rove? I hear bells! -NT - (bepatient) - (1)
                     And you start salivating? -NT - (Seamus)
                 I think you confuse the WH and the government - (boxley) - (6)
                     I think you confuse the subject of the slide show - (Seamus) - (3)
                         the law states you cant campaign - (boxley) - (2)
                             What was the slide show if not an inducement to campaign? - (Seamus) - (1)
                                 I will agree on your last statement, but cant prosecute - (boxley)
                     You can't use federal property and facilities to campaign. - (Another Scott)
                     What would the GSA need to know about the demographics? - (Seamus)
         Nail her to the wall! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         The video is hilarous - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
             ROFL! On to Gitmo, we'll get the truth, time for the - (boxley)
             They're replaying the hearing on C-SPAN now. - (Another Scott)

* "The futexes are also cursed."
* "But they come in a choice of three flavours!"
106 ms