IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not really the right comparison.
We have a ton of exchange boxes. Our staffing levels are somewhat rule driven. For backup purposes, our exchange servers are limited to around 4,000 mailboxes before we commission another exchange server. If the servers are in the same location, we keep one administrator per every 5 exchange servers. We don't really care how many users that represents because mailboxes and users don't have a one to one ratio.
-----------------------------------------
Draft Clark [link|http://draftwesleyclark.com/|now].
New so a rough rule of thumb would be
4k mailboxes x 5 = one exchange admin for 20k mailboxes. Whew we have 6 mill with 6 admins. Time to order up some headcount!
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Nope
Our organization arbitrarily limits the number of mailboxes on a server to 4000. I don't know what limit yours uses. If we were willing to put up with longer backup times we could have 10,000 mailboxes on a server and still use one admin per 5 servers. Some of this also depends on how many trivial tasks you farm out to other support types (creating/deleting mailboxes, setting up public folders, etc).
-----------------------------------------
Draft Clark [link|http://draftwesleyclark.com/|now].
New will wait for others to chime in
as I said Im trying to put together some kind of marketing doc.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
     question about exchange administrators - (boxley) - (8)
         Not really the right comparison. - (Silverlock) - (3)
             so a rough rule of thumb would be - (boxley) - (2)
                 Nope - (Silverlock) - (1)
                     will wait for others to chime in - (boxley)
         Define drop-in - (crazy) - (1)
             will be testing over the next 6 months -NT - (boxley)
         maybe a rephrase, any exchange admins out there? - (boxley) - (1)
             That's hard to answer. - (static)

A few slices of bread short of a loaf.
73 ms