IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New burglar repelled
We've had a rolling crimewave through our Oakland neighborhood (if this is not a redundancy) that included a fortyish black guy who attempted bathroom window entrance into a home two doors up about three months ago and was only deterred when the resident, a rather slight female of about 26, clouted him on the head with a wine bottle. The same perp, or at least one matching his description, was confronted by the bold spouse behind our house this afternoon, and fled her challenge. I must say that had I been home I would have cheerfully run down to block his only exit and there taken up the nice metal bar hidden in the bushes and then belabored him about the ribs. Thirty years in Oakland have quite abraded the white liberal guilt I brought with me from Santa Cruz.
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New Ack! Too much excitement!
I'm glad your better half succeeded and isn't the worse for wear.

I hope he's caught soon.

Sleep easy tonight.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Glad your safe.
Get a Glock.
-----------------------------------------
Draft Clark [link|http://draftwesleyclark.com/|now].
New fun in the city, time to get a large bark
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New The metal bar in the bushes is also a burglar tool.
Better to have it inside.

Glad you're OK!
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
New Zounds!
Too bloody close to Home...

I've little idea how to sanely fit the paranoia-level to a given cityscape zone.. any more.
(Just as I'm apt to be way off in my estimate of when the riots start, which..? next putative reason catalyzes the first big-enough mobs - and like that.)

'Lectronic remote-signalling motion sensors are getting cheaper than a Super-size with Cheez-wiz (and oblig Personal-meal defibrillator kit) though. Ditto: "X-10" controlled floodlights and any other AC-gadgetry, operable via any AC outlet in the house.

One Really does Not wish to peer out at one's small backyard oasis of greenery ... and see biped eyeballs peering back.

I must think on this...
-- Interstellar Smart-Bomb, pondering existential matters and the concept of false data
-- Dark Star
New Re: burglar repelled
Well as long as you are alright and nobody got hurt, except for the burglar who deserved the wine bottle upside his head.

"It is of interest to note that while some dolphins are reported to have learned English -- up to fifty words used in correct context -- no human being has been reported to have learned dolphinese."
Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996)

[link|http://district268.xormad.com|I am from District 268].
     burglar repelled - (rcareaga) - (6)
         Ack! Too much excitement! - (Another Scott)
         Glad your safe. - (Silverlock)
         fun in the city, time to get a large bark -NT - (boxley)
         The metal bar in the bushes is also a burglar tool. - (a6l6e6x)
         Zounds! - (Ashton)
         Re: burglar repelled - (orion)

If she weighs the same as a duck...
39 ms