IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New new camera question
after sitting around in a police evidence locker for a year my digital camera was returned. Non working natch. Any suggestions for a suitable replacement under $200?
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New The Canon A540 is best rated at NewEgg.
[link|http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830120041|A540]. $180. It comes with a free 1 GB memory card.

They have some < $200 cameras that have some Image Stabilization features. They might be worth considering if you take lots of hand-held pictures in normal light. You have to pay more than $200 for IS in Canon cameras.

I've enjoyed my Canon cameras, but beware that if you want to buy more batteries to extend your run-time - they can be rather expensive.

HTH a bit.

Cheers,
Scott.
New I agree on Canon powershot!
I've been doing really well with my new Digital Canon powershot A530. I can finally take pictures myself again!

I recommend that line as well. :)

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
New OT: So what recourse do you have?
Can they just take your stuff, ruin it, and then give it back to you and say, "sorry, it's your problem" whether you were guilty of something or not?
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
     new camera question - (boxley) - (3)
         The Canon A540 is best rated at NewEgg. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             I agree on Canon powershot! - (Nightowl)
         OT: So what recourse do you have? - (admin)

Red Rover, Red Rover, Bob Lazar's comin' over.
65 ms