IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Actually, not such a bad idea . . .
It'd certainly clean up my inboxs (about 100 spams a day and rising fast). I'd go for maybe $.02/email with free franking for legitimate mail lists (application required).

Unfortunately, it'd all be very complex to bill and enforce, but it might be worth the trouble.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Metcalfe's idea micro charges
"If you're half-evil, nothing soothes you more than to think the person you are opposed to is totally evil."
Norman Mailer
New *grrrrrrr*
I hate the idea of micropayments. They mean the more interconnected you get, the more you pay, right?

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
New Better idea.
Upgrade or replace SMTP with something that requires host authentication. Getting the critical mass would be difficult. You'd need someone like AOL onside, I suspect.

I haven't researched this, so I don't know how involved the authentication would need to be. Something the level of SSL would pull Verisign into the loop and that's already too expensive. OTOH, something simple that works off MX records might not be quite good enough. It's hard to know.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

Federal Bill 602P - (folkert) - (8)
         hoax - (Silverlock)
         Hoax been around since email - (boxley)
         Actually, not such a bad idea . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
             Metcalfe's idea micro charges -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 *grrrrrrr* - (imric)
             Better idea. - (static)
         Check with snopes - (SpiceWare)
         DOH!!!! -NT - (folkert)

Enjoy your amazement.
44 ms