IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You mentioned Arthur Anderson.
A couple of days ago, I filled out some claim forms for a class action litigation settlement having to do with a company called Boston Chicken. It is not likely you would hear of it in Oz. Boston Chicken operated restaurants called the Boston Market. The stock was much hyped here in the US. They also had some questionable accounting practices. The company went bankrupt and the residue bought up by McDonalds, the hamburger giant, which continues to operate the restaurants. Of course, the shareholders got screwed.

Anyway, there two defending parties settling this lawsuit - the underwriters (i.e. brokerage houses that initially offered the Boston Chicken stock) and Arthur Anderson.

Do you notice a pattern there?

As a shareholder, one gets to approve the Board of Directors' choice of auditing accounting firms. Never again will I vote for Arthur Anderson.
Alex

"Of course, you realize this means war." -B. Bunny
New Interesting.
It is looking like Arthur Anderson is about to get into so much trouble it won't be alive much longer.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

Is Microsoft doomed? - (marlowe) - (19)
         Two words... - (Yendor) - (1)
             In other words - (wharris2)
         Consumers are cocooning - (nking) - (16)
             Not so sure about KMart - (SpiceWare)
             Wrong about KMart. - (admin) - (13)
                 K-Mart... - (bepatient) - (12)
                     K-mart, oh oh! - (nking) - (10)
                         Standing in line for an hour? - (wharris2)
                         Everybody messes up prices every now and then - (bconnors) - (8)
                             Some more than others - (nking) - (7)
                                 Guess it's a good thing - (bconnors) - (6)
                                     Argh big belly-laugh -NT - (wharris2) - (2)
                                         Who knows - (nking) - (1)
                                             Now that would have been a blue light special -NT - (wharris2)
                                     You mentioned Enron. - (static) - (2)
                                         You mentioned Arthur Anderson. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                             Interesting. - (static)
                     Yep. - (admin)
             Aren't furniture stores always "going out of business"? -NT - (altmann)

They got the Discovery Channel, don't they?
85 ms