IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Front loading washer recommendations?
Our toploading Kenmore is making some chattering vibrations in the agitator, the 2nd rinse cycle no longer works, and the automatic temperature control doesn't seem to work right, so after about 12 years of service I'm thinking it's time to get something new.

We're strongly considering a front loader for the lower water usage, gentleness, and quicker drying (due to better water extraction).

Does anyone have any positive or negative experiences they can share? I've looked at Consumer Reports and have seen the BestBuy, Lowe's and Home Depot web pages and reviews, but it would be nice to hear real-world experiences from "real" people. ;-)

(It would be installed in the basement on a tiled concrete floor, so the common complaint about these things shaking wood-frame houses apart when installed on the 2nd floor doesn't apply.)

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who is leaning toward a Bosch/Siemens, LG, or maybe a Whirlpool machine, but the thought of spending > $1000 on a washer is making him pause.)
New One that doesn't leak and works?
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
Freedom is not FREE.
Yeah, but 10s of Trillions of US Dollars?
SELECT * FROM scog WHERE ethics > 0;

0 rows returned.
New Maybe one you load from the top?
I had a brief sojourn with a front-loader and quickly found their biggest limiting factor: you can't interrupt them to put more in (liked a missed sock) once they're going. People with top-loaders get used to doing this.

Our local consumer magazine, [www.choice.com.au|Choice] recently extended their review criteria for washing machines by adding rinse qualities and found the top-loaders generally did remarkably better than front-loaders at that. This meant the overal scored mixed everyone up a lot more and it was no longer a clear-cut case of front-loaders washing better than top-loaders.

Another interesting fact is that top-loaders have started appearing that are nearly as water efficient as front-loaders.

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

· my ·
· [link|http://staticsan.livejournal.com/|blog] ·
· [link|http://yceran.org/|website] ·

New We love our Maytag Neptune.
It's been run on average several times a day for the past 3.5 years and it still does an excellent job.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Ditto the Neptune
multiple times a day, from large loads to small. Excellent.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New the answer is roper
its a whirlpool oem with same warranty, priced at the bottom.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
     Front loading washer recommendations? - (Another Scott) - (5)
         One that doesn't leak and works? -NT - (folkert)
         Maybe one you load from the top? - (static)
         We love our Maytag Neptune. - (admin) - (1)
             Ditto the Neptune - (jbrabeck)
         the answer is roper - (boxley)

How convenient is that??
42 ms