IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Absolutely
As soon as corp HQ gets it from MS, I will install it in my office and begin my own evaluation

Employees and customers are always buying new machines and most will come with Vista

If it seems to be another Windows ME, I won't go far with it but otherwise I will prepare for the eventual rollout

Am already running Office 2007, IE7 (have IE7 on my 2 home machines as well)

Although I have used Firefox as my browser since before 1.0, I am personally moving over to IE7 since it is faster (XP SP2 updates, etc.) even though I like the look of pages better in Firefox

Colleagues are planning their Vista machines, once winter is over I know folks here will go to Vista (most of us are believers in the clean install)

I recall reading how MS has tripped up and 95, 98, 98SE, ME (score one for the opposition - but it made billions anyway) and XP will be the failures that will finally put MS in its place

Granting that the boy who cried wolf was indeed eaten by a wolf, I don't think Vista will hurt MS in anyway even if it is ME redux

At the Office 2007, Vista, Exchange 2007 launch event I attended, the speaker ([link|http://blogs.technet.com/mjmurphy|his blog]) suggested that we are about 5 years from the Windows 64 bit desktop being the dominant Windows (Exchange 2007 is 64 bit only)

If that conversion to 64 goes faster, Vista could end up a lame duck (I know there is 64 bit Vista) but I don't see that happening (note: I did not get any numbers right in last Tuesday's MegaMillions drawing)

A
Play I Some Music w/ Papa Andy
Saturday 8 PM - 11 PM ET
All Night Rewind 11 PM - 5 PM
Reggae, African and Caribbean Music
[link|http://wxxe.org|Tune In]
Expand Edited by andread March 10, 2007, 04:35:20 PM EST
New OT: IE7 faster?
Interesting you're experiencing that. I've personally found IE6 to be faster than 7, and FF to be faster than either on my personal machine.

OTOH, I've found Office 2007 to be much faster than Office XP, and OpenOffice to be bog slow, even with the preloader running.
Odoru aho ni miru aho!
Onaji aho nara odoranya son son!
     Anybody had a chance to try Vista yet - (jake123) - (28)
         Nope -NT - (Steve Lowe)
         s/had a chance/been forced/ :) - (Meerkat)
         Not me, either. - (Another Scott) - (9)
             Uh, buh? - (Yendor) - (7)
                 I just have to say this.... - (Nightowl) - (5)
                     What on Earth do you think those words mean? - (CRConrad) - (4)
                         er... a feisty fawn... meaning a little deer frolicking... - (Nightowl) - (3)
                             It's a code name. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                 Re: It's a code name. - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                     It doesn't symbolise anything. - (pwhysall)
                 Next month supposedly. -NT - (folkert)
             Re: Not me, either. - (Ashton)
         Had a chance. Blew it off. Had work to do. -NT - (imric)
         Only the unsane will upgrade - (drewk)
         Yep - (pwhysall)
         Not I, said the cat. - (static)
         Accelerated the purchase of wife's laptop to avoid it. - (a6l6e6x)
         Anybody with plans to use it ever? - (JayMehaffey) - (10)
             Not willingly, I wot. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 Aye. - (Steve Lowe)
                 Ditto - (lincoln)
             Absolutely - (andread) - (1)
                 OT: IE7 faster? - (inthane-chan)
             Home, no. Work, most likely at some point - (bepatient) - (1)
                 Even with those... umm lawsuits hanging around on appeal? -NT - (folkert)
             Maybe - (altmann)
             Not only NO, but HELL NO!!! - (jb4)
             Work definitely, personal eventually - (lister)

I could make a hat... or a brooch... or a pterodactyl!
279 ms