IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I was told they were the same :-)
and the guy that told me was very surprised to find out when I told him to diff the modinfo's. Just glad we found it :-)
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New What was it that made you try that?
"Don't give up!"
[link|http://staticsan.livejournal.com/|blog] · [link|http://yceran.org/|website]
New it was the kernel reporting the memory usage
it was various kernel states. The guys matched the kernel configs /etc/system. /kernel/drv etc to match the machines that didnt have the problem. Didnt fix it. So they tried doing a core of a running kernel to use MBD to poke around. I said do a modinfo it will show what resources are being used and a diff will point out exactly which module is having the problem to narrow the search. Thats when they found the good boxes had a count of 220+ and the problem ones had a module count of 120 or so. That goes back to the system eng who said the wrong jump image must have been used. We use company modified kernels for various reasons.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
     Solaris 10 T2000 Niagra Chip Servers - (boxley) - (9)
         pmap? - (Another Scott) - (2)
             pmap tells you which process is using what - (boxley) - (1)
                 Is Gnome installed? [/me ducks] -NT - (drewk)
         This is probably way out on left field... - (static)
         found the memory problem - (boxley) - (4)
             You THOUGHT they were the same! - (crazy) - (3)
                 I was told they were the same :-) - (boxley) - (2)
                     What was it that made you try that? -NT - (static) - (1)
                         it was the kernel reporting the memory usage - (boxley)

This buffer is for notes you don't want to save, and for Lisp evaluation.
76 ms