IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Fanboy, maybe. Shill, no.
[link|http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/shill|Shill] versus [link|http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fanboy|Fanboy].

I don't think Andy gets any monetary benefits from his MS-enthusiasm. MS doesn't need to pay its fans. I do think he is rather blind to many of MS's faults. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who will admit to being an OS/2 fanboy in his younger days.)
New Perhaps even a longterm MSFT stockholder.
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
New Whew! For a while there, I thought I had the usage wrong...
...but then I actually read the definitions you linked to.

From [link|http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/shill|Shill]:
2. a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty. [Emphasis added]
Of the [link|http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fanboy|Fanboy definitions], I suppose this bit from the one by "Dr Know"(*) is appropriate:
(n) Technocratic zealots; evangelicals of geekery. Characterized by irrational advocacy of a particular OS, console, company, or franchise.
Yup, that's what I thought, too... But, hey, isn't that pretty much exactly the same thing as the one for "Shill" above?

So, in this (basket) case at least, AFAICS: Fanboy(Andrea Dear variant) = Shill(Andrea Dear variant)

(*): Posted March 8, 2005; currently at #6, but I suspect they may move around based on the "thumb-up" / "thumb-down" votes they receive.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
New dunno crc shill/fanboy=prostitute/slut one gets paid to
fuck the other one likes to fuck. Not quite the same.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New wrong
once again you prefer to hide behind your wall of (childish) name-calling

perhaps you've been inoculated against logic

A

Play I Some Music w/ Papa Andy
Saturday 8 PM - 11 PM ET
All Night Rewind 11 PM - 5 PM
Reggae, African and Caribbean Music
[link|http://wxxe.org|Tune In]
New Uuuh... How, exactly, was that *not* logic?
I presented my reasoning, in its several steps:

Present definition A, emphasise applicable parts; present definition B, extract one apparently relevant variant; demonstrate, by presenting them next to each other, how the salient parts seem so similar as to be pretty much equal: Q. E. Fucking D!

You... Say, "wrong". Wow, colour me convinced by *your* unassailable proof-by-simple-allegation logic!

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
New logic?
all you did was cite the definition of a word

the logic would come in with the connection of the term to me

the way you do this is based on the your 'belief'
that anyone who differs from your thought must be pathological

this is mere assertion and has no logical content

so spew some more f words, Giggles

A
Play I Some Music w/ Papa Andy
Saturday 8 PM - 11 PM ET
All Night Rewind 11 PM - 5 PM
Reggae, African and Caribbean Music
[link|http://wxxe.org|Tune In]
     French consumer group targets the Microsoft tax. - (a6l6e6x) - (80)
         French consumer group targets the "Microsoft tax". - (andread) - (79)
             Maybe you can - (tuberculosis)
             thats probably the most stupid remark you have ever uttered - (boxley) - (77)
                 Unfortunately, no, it isn't. - (CRConrad) - (76)
                     So Move to France - (andread) - (75)
                         so only white box builders should be allowed to not sell $MS -NT - (boxley) - (74)
                             Re: so only white box builders should be allowed to not sell - (andread) - (73)
                                 really? - (boxley)
                                 It most certainly is a question of allowed. - (Andrew Grygus) - (71)
                                     Re: It most certainly is a question of allowed. - (andread) - (70)
                                         well dell and gateway anyway, customer service sux -NT - (boxley)
                                         Hmm. - (Another Scott)
                                         It is to laugh . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                             Nit - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                 Yea, PowerEdge - corrected. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
                                             I have a Lenovo laptop - (crazy)
                                         You miss the point spectacularly. - (pwhysall) - (63)
                                             Most shills do. ;-) -NT - (n3jja) - (61)
                                                 Re: Most shills do. ;-) - (andread) - (60)
                                                     There are certainly ways to do that WITHOUT - (bepatient)
                                                     All PC buyers aren't the same. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                                         Why on Earth would you think such a thing??? - (CRConrad) - (7)
                                                             Fanboy, maybe. Shill, no. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                                                 Perhaps even a longterm MSFT stockholder. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                                                 Whew! For a while there, I thought I had the usage wrong... - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                                                     dunno crc shill/fanboy=prostitute/slut one gets paid to - (boxley)
                                                                     wrong - (andread) - (2)
                                                                         Uuuh... How, exactly, was that *not* logic? - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                                             logic? - (andread)
                                                     I addressed your point directly, you ignored it, again - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         It's a lot harder, actually. - (pwhysall)
                                                     I addressed your point directly, you ignored it, again - (boxley)
                                                     And that means "Windows only" just how? - (Andrew Grygus) - (46)
                                                         Re: And that means "Windows only" just how? - (andread) - (45)
                                                             I'll bet companies that have to pay twice would like it. - (Another Scott)
                                                             The value of PCs without software? - (pwhysall) - (43)
                                                                 Re: The value of PCs without software? - (andread) - (42)
                                                                     You are still missing it - (bepatient) - (18)
                                                                         For values of "missing it" equal to "doesn't WANT to get it" - (CRConrad) - (14)
                                                                             I understand the mental block - (bepatient) - (11)
                                                                                 Bunk - (andread) - (10)
                                                                                     Bullpucky - (bepatient)
                                                                                     horsekabobs - (boxley) - (8)
                                                                                         Are you talking desktops or servers? - (lincoln) - (7)
                                                                                             Dell's schizophrenic regarding Linux. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                                                                                 Last I heard - though that was a while back . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                                                                                                     well, hear this - (andread) - (4)
                                                                                                         Please note: S-E-R-V-E-R - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                                                                                             your words cited below - (andread) - (1)
                                                                                                                 That's not what was said. - (pwhysall)
                                                                                                             I can show you a desktop... - (pwhysall)
                                                                             For values of "Chuckles" equal to "doesn't get it" - (andread) - (1)
                                                                                 Chuckling my cheeks off. - (CRConrad)
                                                                         Re: You are still missing it - (andread) - (2)
                                                                             I didn't give you a car analogy - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                 I think he's just trying to be annoying - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                                     Re: The value of PCs without software? - (pwhysall) - (18)
                                                                         full retail? - (andread) - (1)
                                                                             Re: Business model - (hnick)
                                                                         Re: The value of PCs without software? - (Simon_Jester) - (15)
                                                                             Re: The value of PCs without software? - (pwhysall) - (14)
                                                                                 Wow.... - (Simon_Jester) - (13)
                                                                                     The refund is wrong. - (pwhysall) - (12)
                                                                                         a little googling - (andread) - (11)
                                                                                             Did ZD do a followup, hmmm? -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                             No pressure...of course not. - (Simon_Jester)
                                                                                             As a builder formerly listed as a "Microsoft Partner" - - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                                                             Re: a little googling ____ Not. So. Fast. there, fanboy - (Ashton) - (7)
                                                                                                 Ashton . . . you trying to overload the poor boy? - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                                                                 Re: a little googling - (andread) - (5)
                                                                                                     Ooh boy - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                                                         Ooh - (andread) - (3)
                                                                                                             I know you're missing this on purpose, but ... - (drewk)
                                                                                                             You STILL ignore the point - (bepatient)
                                                                                                             Oh...So what, exactly, *did* you think we'd be discussing... - (CRConrad)
                                                                     Car analogy holds - (jbrabeck) - (3)
                                                                         Car analogy reeks - (andread) - (2)
                                                                             Car analogy works - (ubernostrum)
                                                                             Eh? - (pwhysall)
                                             That's not what he was aiming for -NT - (drewk)

Rain, rain, go away. I can't stand you for one more day.
114 ms