IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It is to laugh . . .
Not sure how this customer service thing came out of the cost of Windows and Microsoft's price extortion, but lets get realistic.

According to the trade press, and according to my experience, business that buy a Dell or HP or Gateway (I don't have a single client that's bought a Lenovo) ignore the support and warranty and have a local consultant (like me) handle all service issues.

That's because they don't have time for endless phone battles over erratic Internet connections with folks in India who follow scripts and simply don't understand the problem. I know lots of people who bought the "on-site service" but I only have one client who's ever seen a Dell service person, and that was for a big PowerEdge server - and only after I fought with them for over an hour as to whether or not a tape drive was dead.

And as far as knowing how to run a business, Lenovo bought a fading PC business from IBM that included a large U.S. government market that's being cut off ('cause they're hostile Commies), Gateway has been on the edge of bankruptcy for years, Dell is in decline because the relevance of their business model is fading and HP is tangled up in all kinds of investigation and legal wrangling over their business practices. Fortunately HP makes enough on printers (ummm . . I meant to say on overpriced ink and toner cartridges) to carry the PC business.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
Expand Edited by Andrew Grygus Dec. 17, 2006, 12:11:57 PM EST
Expand Edited by Andrew Grygus Dec. 17, 2006, 12:20:10 PM EST
New Nit
Dell wouldn't service a Proliant.

Either HP serviced the Proliant, or you meant PowerEdge.

Peter
[link|http://www.no2id.net/|Don't Let The Terrorists Win]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
[link|http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?pwhysall|A better terminal emulator]
[image|http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h262/pwhysall/Misc/saveus.png|0|Darwinia||]
New Yea, PowerEdge - corrected.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New I have a Lenovo laptop
Other than the fact it feels like flimsy plastic crap it is very nice (speed, screen, etc).
     French consumer group targets the Microsoft tax. - (a6l6e6x) - (80)
         French consumer group targets the "Microsoft tax". - (andread) - (79)
             Maybe you can - (tuberculosis)
             thats probably the most stupid remark you have ever uttered - (boxley) - (77)
                 Unfortunately, no, it isn't. - (CRConrad) - (76)
                     So Move to France - (andread) - (75)
                         so only white box builders should be allowed to not sell $MS -NT - (boxley) - (74)
                             Re: so only white box builders should be allowed to not sell - (andread) - (73)
                                 really? - (boxley)
                                 It most certainly is a question of allowed. - (Andrew Grygus) - (71)
                                     Re: It most certainly is a question of allowed. - (andread) - (70)
                                         well dell and gateway anyway, customer service sux -NT - (boxley)
                                         Hmm. - (Another Scott)
                                         It is to laugh . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                             Nit - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                 Yea, PowerEdge - corrected. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
                                             I have a Lenovo laptop - (crazy)
                                         You miss the point spectacularly. - (pwhysall) - (63)
                                             Most shills do. ;-) -NT - (n3jja) - (61)
                                                 Re: Most shills do. ;-) - (andread) - (60)
                                                     There are certainly ways to do that WITHOUT - (bepatient)
                                                     All PC buyers aren't the same. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                                         Why on Earth would you think such a thing??? - (CRConrad) - (7)
                                                             Fanboy, maybe. Shill, no. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                                                 Perhaps even a longterm MSFT stockholder. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                                                 Whew! For a while there, I thought I had the usage wrong... - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                                                     dunno crc shill/fanboy=prostitute/slut one gets paid to - (boxley)
                                                                     wrong - (andread) - (2)
                                                                         Uuuh... How, exactly, was that *not* logic? - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                                             logic? - (andread)
                                                     I addressed your point directly, you ignored it, again - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         It's a lot harder, actually. - (pwhysall)
                                                     I addressed your point directly, you ignored it, again - (boxley)
                                                     And that means "Windows only" just how? - (Andrew Grygus) - (46)
                                                         Re: And that means "Windows only" just how? - (andread) - (45)
                                                             I'll bet companies that have to pay twice would like it. - (Another Scott)
                                                             The value of PCs without software? - (pwhysall) - (43)
                                                                 Re: The value of PCs without software? - (andread) - (42)
                                                                     You are still missing it - (bepatient) - (18)
                                                                         For values of "missing it" equal to "doesn't WANT to get it" - (CRConrad) - (14)
                                                                             I understand the mental block - (bepatient) - (11)
                                                                                 Bunk - (andread) - (10)
                                                                                     Bullpucky - (bepatient)
                                                                                     horsekabobs - (boxley) - (8)
                                                                                         Are you talking desktops or servers? - (lincoln) - (7)
                                                                                             Dell's schizophrenic regarding Linux. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                                                                                 Last I heard - though that was a while back . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                                                                                                     well, hear this - (andread) - (4)
                                                                                                         Please note: S-E-R-V-E-R - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                                                                                             your words cited below - (andread) - (1)
                                                                                                                 That's not what was said. - (pwhysall)
                                                                                                             I can show you a desktop... - (pwhysall)
                                                                             For values of "Chuckles" equal to "doesn't get it" - (andread) - (1)
                                                                                 Chuckling my cheeks off. - (CRConrad)
                                                                         Re: You are still missing it - (andread) - (2)
                                                                             I didn't give you a car analogy - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                 I think he's just trying to be annoying - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                                     Re: The value of PCs without software? - (pwhysall) - (18)
                                                                         full retail? - (andread) - (1)
                                                                             Re: Business model - (hnick)
                                                                         Re: The value of PCs without software? - (Simon_Jester) - (15)
                                                                             Re: The value of PCs without software? - (pwhysall) - (14)
                                                                                 Wow.... - (Simon_Jester) - (13)
                                                                                     The refund is wrong. - (pwhysall) - (12)
                                                                                         a little googling - (andread) - (11)
                                                                                             Did ZD do a followup, hmmm? -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                             No pressure...of course not. - (Simon_Jester)
                                                                                             As a builder formerly listed as a "Microsoft Partner" - - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                                                             Re: a little googling ____ Not. So. Fast. there, fanboy - (Ashton) - (7)
                                                                                                 Ashton . . . you trying to overload the poor boy? - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                                                                 Re: a little googling - (andread) - (5)
                                                                                                     Ooh boy - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                                                         Ooh - (andread) - (3)
                                                                                                             I know you're missing this on purpose, but ... - (drewk)
                                                                                                             You STILL ignore the point - (bepatient)
                                                                                                             Oh...So what, exactly, *did* you think we'd be discussing... - (CRConrad)
                                                                     Car analogy holds - (jbrabeck) - (3)
                                                                         Car analogy reeks - (andread) - (2)
                                                                             Car analogy works - (ubernostrum)
                                                                             Eh? - (pwhysall)
                                             That's not what he was aiming for -NT - (drewk)

Hey, the gutters are mine now.
212 ms