IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New That's how I've been describing the film...
as very Japanese. This was quite a surprise to me after seeing the previews that painted it as some kind of animated version of 'Aliens'. Unfortunately, at the time I saw it, the audience consisted mostly of teenage boys who seemed a bit put off by the plot. I've been recommending this film to folks who got the wrong idea from the preview.

In a sense, it's kind of a 'chick flick'. At least, my wife liked it.

I've also found that many critics have trouble following the plots of sf/fantasy movies and on that basis give them lower marks. (for example, Siskel had this problem but Ebert didn't.)

New Interesting point.
About sci-fi/fantasy plots, I mean.

I'm part of a community theatre company* and the previous play we did was called "Communicating Doors". It involved time-travel as a fairly important plot-device via a door in a hotel suite - hence the title. But that made it a little unusual for much of our normal clientele, since they weren't used to that sort of thing. Oh, it was well-scripted, though it allowed history to be altered - not the way it should work by my way of thinking - but I remember my Dad couldn't follow it, even though he practically saw all 6 performances (he does the tech for it).

Hmm.

Wade.

* They used to be called amateur theatre.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

Final Fantasy Movie - (JayMehaffey) - (9)
         Never played the games - (tjsinclair) - (4)
             Critics who are down don't understand the Japanese story - (tseliot) - (3)
                 I'll say... - (Fearless Freep)
                 That's how I've been describing the film... - (tjsinclair) - (1)
                     Interesting point. - (static)
         Huh? - (Fearless Freep) - (3)
             Attention spans ain't...what.. errr... I forgot. -NT - (addison)
             Not too surprising... - (inthane-chan)
             I can believe this. - (static)

The state motto is "E pluribus pluribus" ...
72 ms