IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Wait...

People listen to Greenpeace?

\r\n\r\n

There are big, serious, important environmental issues which the human race has to tackle sooner or later, but Greenpeace does an absolutely awful job of trying to make that happen.

\r\n\r\n

Real-world example: not too long ago, I was watching a program about HAZ-MAT shipments (shipments of hazardous materials -- poisonous/flammable chemicals, radioactive materials, etc.), a significant portion of which focused on the problem of transporting waste from nuclear power plants to long-term storage facilities. A representative from Greenpeace was interviewed and, almost in the same breath, argued that it is unacceptable to transport such waste and unacceptable to store it on-site at power plants. This does not lend credence to the organization or to the causes of conservation and environmental protection.

--\r\nYou cooin' with my bird?
New No, peolpe don't really listen to GreenPeace.
What the poor representative you cite probably meant was "it's unacceptable to generate nuclear waste", but he hadn't through his soundbite enough.

I'm not defending GreenPeace - I think many of their people shouldn't be let out of their pens - but at least it provides a place for some of those people to be at least occupied, if not all that productive.

Wade.
"Don't give up!"
     Apple Ranked Last - (andread) - (5)
         Well, of course. - (admin)
         cluetards strike again - (boxley) - (1)
             its greenpeace, what did you expect? -NT - (bepatient)
         Wait... - (ubernostrum) - (1)
             No, peolpe don't really listen to GreenPeace. - (static)

Not just broken: robustly broken!
34 ms