IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Should you be using Jpeg to save the data at all?
It's a lossy compression algo, which means that if you're using them to keep the maps between runs of the program, you might be losing your data too.
New They're just pictures for pasting in documents.
I'm able to set the jpeg quality at 100% so there's no compression (unless the Error 36 bites) and it looks pretty good even when expanded some.

Borland C++ Builder 5 only has graphics routines for .jpeg .bmp (and similar). Saving the images as an uncompressed bitmap is very wasteful for what we're doing (e.g. 10 MB .bmp versus 434 kB for 100% quality .jpeg). More graphics formats would be nice, but we don't want to upgrade, etc.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who is thinking about trying to port this to Python as a tutorial when/if he gets a chance.)
     What's the best way to do this? Loop or do a block 1 time. - (Another Scott) - (10)
         Query...how different is it - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
             There's almost no difference. 1 potential rub though. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Should you be using Jpeg to save the data at all? - (jake123) - (1)
                     They're just pictures for pasting in documents. - (Another Scott)
         May not be what you need... - (ChrisR) - (5)
             Neat. I'll have to try that. Thanks! -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 From a purist standpoint... - (ChrisR) - (3)
                     I appreciate elegant solutions, but ... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         A seasoned C guy - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                             Ah, so! Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)