IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Excellent!
Not that he was in an accident, but that he's fine, of course. Who cares about the car. ;-)

It's just money and stuff. People are what we care about.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New I agree, thanks :)
I'm just kinda upset because we just put over $900.00 into the car to save it last month when it developed a serious coolant-into the oil type leak.

But my brother told us if they try and total his car, we can prove all the money we've put in it and they will reconsider the decision.

But yes, the most important thing is that he's safe. I'm just wondering if we did right by fixing it for that amount if we risk losing it again now. Plus it's supposed to be my car later, to replace mine... which seems to be invincible at this point. ;)

We're coping, just shaken up some.

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
New Look at the bwight side -
You get to reconsider about ... oh, little stuff like Mileage, airbags? and the like - with a clean slate.
(And in a place where thousands regularly take to the ice rink: I think I'd investigate the side-airbags, the shin air-bags and fershure: ABS == Antilock Brake System. Even the Pros at hi-speed braking acknowledge that on-ice "stopping" / controlled turning practically demand this techno-aid.)

Y'know?

New Re: Look at the bwight side -
You get to reconsider about ... oh, little stuff like Mileage, airbags? and the like - with a clean slate.

(And in a place where thousands regularly take to the ice rink: I think I'd investigate the side-airbags, the shin air-bags and fershure: ABS == Antilock Brake System. Even the Pros at hi-speed braking acknowledge that on-ice "stopping" / controlled turning practically demand this techno-aid.)

Hehe, St. Louis does turn into an ice rink at a time like this. :)

The car is a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am, and it does have the ABS system, which just couldn't handle this situation I guess. And he has front air-bags.

Unless you were talking about my car, but that's a tank. It hits something and damages it more than it gets damaged as a rule. ;)

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
New Don't overestimate the safety of your car
The old girl is very likely to crumple in zones containing people, in the event of a serious collision.

Modern cars are very much better in that respect.

Peter
[link|http://www.no2id.net/|Don't Let The Terrorists Win]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
[link|http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?pwhysall|A better terminal emulator]
[link|http://darwinia.co.uk/|[image|http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h262/pwhysall/Misc/saveus.png|0|Darwinia||]]
New Re: Don't overestimate the safety of your car
The old girl is very likely to crumple in zones containing people, in the event of a serious collision.

Modern cars are very much better in that respect.

Well, I don't completely agree with that, because it really depends on where you are hit. My father was rearended by an Ambulance while driving his '68 Dodge and all that happened was a couple cuts in the rubber bumper of the Dodge. The Ambulance was smashed all in.

I've been hit in the door, the rear, and the side, and for the most part the strong metal frame has prevented any serious breach into the car. She's not invincible, true, but she keeps me pretty safe in my opinion. She doesn't have airbags, which is one of the new safety features of the new ones, but the roof is less likely to crumple in a roll over, and for the most part she takes impacts with little or no damage just as long as it isn't a semi-truck coming at me. ;)

Brenda

New as long as the rope that belts you in place doesnt break, :)
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New True!
But I have a pretty strong seatbelt strap. :) And believe me, I wear it!

Brenda

John had an accident! - (Nightowl) - (13)
         relax, John is fine, the car doesnt matter - (boxley) - (3)
             Re: relax, John is fine, the car doesnt matter - (Nightowl)
             Amen to that thought! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 I have to agree there. - (Nightowl)
         Sounds like NASCAR - (bepatient)
         Excellent! - (admin) - (7)
             I agree, thanks :) - (Nightowl) - (6)
                 Look at the bwight side - - (Ashton) - (5)
                     Re: Look at the bwight side - - (Nightowl) - (4)
                         Don't overestimate the safety of your car - (pwhysall) - (3)
                             Re: Don't overestimate the safety of your car - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                 as long as the rope that belts you in place doesnt break, :) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                     True! - (Nightowl)

What was that "kneejerk" emoticon again?
147 ms