IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Calling all Google/research experts!
For those of you who have been here for more than a year, you would be familiar about what my former employer did to me. I have been venting on some other forums, places where they tolerate no dissent about how wonderful this company is (from an investor's point of view). I have repeatedly brought up true stories of how incompetent the management is and how they have treated employees, and have been flamed to the point my asbestos suit is worn out. So I threw down the glove and said: "If anybody can name ANY other company, from any industry, within the past 5 years, that did what they did, then I'll go away". The stats to match are

1. A ratio equivalent or better to net profit of $2.3 billion on $32 billion gross revenue
2. Dumping 4% of the staff the day after announcing the record net income, with a total of 16% of staff dumped within 90 days of the announcement.

Does anybody know of a way to research said request, or is aware of any company that might meet the above criteria? I'm actually tired of being disbelieved, but if there is no other company that did the same, then I'm going in with both guns blazing to really give them hell. (Actually, at first, the venting felt catharthic, but now, preaching to the close-minded irritates the crap out of me.) I want to be vindicated. But, to be on the safe side, I set a time limit of 7 days, so I can really rub their noses in it if nobody comes through. You see, I'm actually starting to enjoy being an asshole in cyberspace. Something about false bravado while remaining anonymous...
BConnors
"Prepare for metamorphosis. Ready, Kafka?"
New wince
Information on staffing, or staffing cuts made when and where, seems to be OK to find. And what *kind* of staffing cuts. There are stories about cuts ([link|http://news.com.com/2100-1001-252310.html?legacy=cnet|like this one]).

There's an [link|http://quicktake.morningstar.com/Stock/financials.asp?Country=USA&Symbol=DELL|income statement] available here. It's not *quite* 32 billion, and not *quite* 2.3 billion, but it may be good enough. But you do have to know to look for an "income statement" rather than "balance sheet" or something else.
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
Expand Edited by wharris2 Feb. 5, 2002, 12:58:01 AM EST
New Need another choice
That's the place that is being used as the standard to match. I'm trying to see if some other place has the same net/gross revenue ratio AND made the same announcement(s) within the same timeframe.
BConnors
"Prepare for metamorphosis. Ready, Kafka?"
New I think you have a losing battle.
I've been inside a not-small company that was bought by a large company that had to go public as a condition of purchase, watched the issue of share-price and dividends have their merry way with management and finally watched an even larger behemoth who had already listed purchase the remains. (Or, to put it another way, the State Bank of NSW got bought by Colonial Mutual who had to de-mutualise as part of the sale. Colonial later got bought by Australia's Commonwealth Bank who had gone public some years prior.) I left* before the last purchase was completed.

Some observations: the drive to "maximise shareholder profit" meant customer service had to take a lower priority. Colonial, fortunately, had had long years as a Mutual and shaking off a customer focus was not something done easily or quickly. The Commonwealth Bank, however, had never really embraced it and did not have a reputation for good service**. But the majority of Colonial shareholders could see they would profit by accepting the takeover deal, so they approved it. The Commonwealth Bank is a good share market performer, but a less than stellar customer service record.

Conclusion: the two are incompatible.

Wade.

* Well, actually, I was made redundant.

** The level of customer service does not actually vary greatly amongst Australian banks, but the Commonwealth was definitely amongst the worst and Colonial was always distinctly better.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Make a webpage to vent
I did it for OOP hype. I felt a little bit better after I did.

Of course, they might threaten to sue you for slander, but maybe that is what you want to happen anyhow.

Need another choice - (bconnors)
         I think you have a losing battle. - (static)
         Make a webpage to vent - (tablizer)

This is also known as CIA-assisted self-determination.
42 ms