IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So it was GORE that decided to apply this to Vonage! I SEE.
So much for reducing regulation of the Internet.

It was probably Clinton's fault they did this now.

The Republicans that made this decision were CHANNELING Gore!

Like it or not, the DECISION to do this was made by Repos; they never had to apply this fee to VOIP. And had they not, companies like Verizon (who is providing VOIP services) would not have had to apply the fee to customers taking advantage of VOIP.

Wrong, Bill. Repos did this - not Dems. ANd NOT Gore. Not this time.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Will you just stop it.
I mentioned Gore inventing the internet because the "universal service tax" they established and applied to phone bills was done the and done specifically (so they say) to improve connectivity. Heard much about Int2 since then?

I full well know who is in the white house now and I don't expect that this group or any other would pass up a chance to dig in my pocket.

Point is...Vonage is now a phone company. FCC finally says so. We've both known they were since we signed up.

YOU EXPECETED VOIP TO AVOID THIS???

Never pegged you as that gullible.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Just wanted you to admit
that Gore did not do this. That Republicans did. Not that Gore is exactly a hero to me.

Gullible?

Ha. What you SAID was "This is how Al Gore invents the internet". Gore did NOT do this. I am NOT that gullible.

In fact, Gore wanted a moratorium on taxes on Internet services (though he was PRO sales tax being imposed on sales over the 'Net) - he wanted to fund service to schools with the fee. Remember? When the telcos wanted to charge ISPs by the bit? When they would deliberately sabotage any kind of high speed access or charge HORRIBLE fees for it? The telcos did not WANT the Internet to exist as it does today, and they were trying like hell to prevent it from happening.

All this will do is make 'pure' VOIP systems that much more attractive, POTS that much LESS attractive. The imposition of this 'fee' (tax, lets be honest) makes the concept of universal digital access that much more important - something that the tel-locos are fighting to this day. But then, our country is really backwards in that respect.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New It's a bit like J. Carter limiting the speed limit to 55
     The free ride is over. FCC says so. - (bepatient) - (22)
         Ah. So Al Gore is doing this? - (imric) - (5)
             The "fund" was created in 1996. - (bepatient) - (4)
                 So it was GORE that decided to apply this to Vonage! I SEE. - (imric) - (3)
                     Will you just stop it. - (bepatient) - (2)
                         Just wanted you to admit - (imric) - (1)
                             It's a bit like J. Carter limiting the speed limit to 55 -NT - (Simon_Jester)
         It's really simple, Bill. - (a6l6e6x) - (15)
             Yep - (bepatient)
             no net neutrality please, cost too much -NT - (boxley) - (13)
                 Flip that around. We're paying too much for what we get now. - (a6l6e6x) - (11)
                     you are wrong on a few points - (boxley) - (10)
                         You've fallen victim to propaganda - (tuberculosis) - (8)
                             hardly - (boxley) - (7)
                                 Uh huh, go where? - (tuberculosis) - (6)
                                     you wanna live on an island deal with YOUR choices - (boxley) - (5)
                                         Its no better on the mainland - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                                             obviously you are not my customer - (boxley) - (3)
                                                 cableco ~= telco - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                                                     we will have to agree - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         yeah, I only worked cable and telcos for the whole 90s -NT - (tuberculosis)
                         The point of mentioning glass is that... - (a6l6e6x)
                 Telcos received rate increases in the 90's - (tuberculosis)

A....E....I....O....U....Some....Times....Y.
90 ms