IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New My reading...
was that he was saying that present the lack of AV for Vista isn't a reason not to buy it.

In other words, (apparently) nobody has AV products for Vista yet. MS doesn't want people to wait for those products to be available before buying Vista (MS wants its money now), so he says, "Hey, it's good enough for my kid right now. Don't worry about it."

So, I think it's just convenient spin at the moment. Once MS's AV product for Vista is ready, you can bet the story will change.

My $0.02.

Cheers,
Scott.
New But, let's not forget preserving MS's "manhood".
[link|http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/11/10/vista_castration_averted/|Register]:
Gates accused Microsoft partners turned rival in consumer security of trying to stymie innovation accusing them of trying to get regulators to "castrate" 1 Vista, the Wall Street Journal reports. Gates, whose comments came as Microsoft released the final version of Vista to manufacturers, insisted the main innovations in Vista including improvements to the security of Windows and performance improvements, remain in place. "No [antitrust regulators] insisted security features come out of Vista," Gates said.
My emphasis.
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
     HAD to go here... - (folkert) - (8)
         What, you couldn't find "Oh, Pun! "? :) - (a6l6e6x)
         he doesnt mention the hardware firewall in front of it -NT - (boxley)
         Do they still play the 'Orange Book' game for those govt. - (Ashton) - (1)
             EXACTLY! - (folkert)
         My reading... - (Another Scott) - (1)
             But, let's not forget preserving MS's "manhood". - (a6l6e6x)
         And now. "Allchin backtracks on Vista virus claims ." - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Calling Allchin's BS? Everyone did. -NT - (folkert)

Sitting member of the standing committee. Right.
75 ms