IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Rumsfeld Stepping Down
Holy Shite!

MSNBC reporting that Rumsfeld will step down.

So who does W tap?... Holy Joe?
"I'm man enough to tell you that I can't put my finger on
exactly what my philosophy is now, but I'm flexible."
-- Malcolm X
New Interesting timing...
Perhaps he didn't want to be around for the Inquisitions sure to come of a Democratic Congress...
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Comes under the heading of...
Quit while it's still your choice.

This way the chimp doesn't give the impression that he was forced into anything.

My guess, anyway.
New As Abraham Lincoln once said
when asked about the practice of being tarred, feathered and run out of town on a rail:

"If it weren't for the honor of the thing, I'd rather walk".
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:golf_lover44@yahoo.com|contact me]
New Nope
Quit while the Senate that will confirm the replacement is still Republican.
===

Kip Hawley is still an idiot.

===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New I don't think that's it.
I smell Jim Baker's (read: Daddy's, finally) influence. Give the suckers a bone to play with and maybe they won't look over at the pile of steak.

They are so corrupt though that I don't see this working unless several more get thrown under the bus.

Yeah! for constitutionally mandated oversight. It'll make a nice change.
-----------------------------------------
Draft Obama [link|http://www.draftobama.org/|now].
New Robert Gates ex CIA will take over.
[link|http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=adpL.ThmU2CI&refer=worldwide|Bloomberg]:

Nov. 8 (Bloomberg) -- Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, unable to fulfill U.S. goals in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan during his tenure, will resign from President George W. Bush's Cabinet, a senior administration official said.

The official said former Central Intelligence Agency Director Robert M. Gates will replace Rumsfeld at the Pentagon. Gates was head of the U.S. spy agency under Bush's father, former President George H.W. Bush.

[...]

[link|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Gates|Gates] is an interesting choice.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Bush Sr. tried to appoint Gates
... once upon a time, but the stink of Iran-Contra was too much for the Senate to bare and fear of rejection led to his nomination being w/drawn.

Q: Has the statute of limitations on said stink expired? Is it in the best interest of the new D majority in the Senate to come out swinging and reject this nomination?
-- Malcolm X
New There's that. Plus I wonder about his CIA ties.
A lot of the intelligence mess in the run-up to Iraq can be laid at the feet of the CIA. One wonders if an ex-CIA guy is the best person to try to make a clean break and try find a reasonable way out of it.

[link|http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/13/AR2006041301238.html|Ignatius] said in April:

Rumsfeld's replacement should be someone who can help restore a bipartisan consensus for a sensible Iraq policy. One obvious candidate would be the centrist Democrat Sen. Joe Lieberman. Another would be a centrist Republican with military experience, such as Sen. Chuck Hagel or Sen. John McCain. The administration would have to swallow its pride to take any of them on board, but that's the point: Without bold moves from the White House, support for the war will continue to slip away.

I don't think any of those fellows would be good choices - they have too much current Senate baggage. Moving a Congressman to CIA made a mess of things, [link|http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/05/06/goss.resignation/|as we know]. Someone like [link|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Nunn|Sam Nunn] might be a good choice, but it's hard to see Bush picking someone with that much stature.

Cheers,
Scott.
New I expected Lieberman
That would let them put in a real Republican to replace him in the Senate. Dems lose the numerical advantage. Tricky, eh?
This could be an initial offer, expected to be turned down, so that they can put the shithead forward while saying, "Well, we offered Gates...".
Ummm... I really don't like Lieberman... I suppose that comes through...
New That's the theory I've been hearing tossed 'round
... for that exact reason. And that smug, saggy cheeked wad will see it as some sort of vindication [that he let himself be played like a fiddle].

(Man, you'd think given the election results I might be able to let my cynicism rest for a day.)
-- Malcolm X
New Ask Putin about it.
Putin's long KGB experience qualified him to lead a nation, never mind a Defense Dept! :)
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
New Is there anybody from daddy's administration
that W HASN'T tried to install in his administration? Can't Shrub do ANYTHING on his own?
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:golf_lover44@yahoo.com|contact me]
New Ya NEED a lot of help
to mess up this bad.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Short answer:
NO.

Longer answer: No, except to completely fuck up things. Which is why He's going to Poppy to get someone to help. Imagine how unbeliveable dorked we'd all be if he had his own Tejano jokers installed?
jb4
"When the final history is written in Iraq, [link|http://images.ucomics.com/comics/tmate/2006/tmate060926.gif|it'll look just like a comma.]"
George W. Bush, 24 Sep 06
New Oh yes, lots.
There is actually quite a few. James Baker III for instance. In fact there is a whole circle around Bush Sr. that kept a big distance from Bush Jr, because of animosity on both sides. Also, all the competent ones probably could see from the start they didn't want to be associated with the Bush Jr. administration.

They are out in force now because Bush Sr. is stepping in to try to salvage the family name. No way of knowing how much or little Bush Jr. wants this, he may be secretly seething or he may have gone to dad asking for help again.

Jay
New I'd bet $$: seething.
As Iraq approaches critical mass, we just may see a 'psych situation' visibly develop
(er, a Worse psych situation, that is.)

He ain't no James Dean in Giant, a bringin-in the well, thumbing nose at the family paragons / cold-cocking Rock Hudson n'ogling Liz Taylor. (But he does match Dean's character in one aspect: inarticulateness!)

One can almost feel for #41; they tried to get the pup a decent education, but there is no 'teaching'; only is there learning - and this twit is stubborn (and likely, not rilly proud of his dumbth spanning so many subjects?)

Ya gots to despise these father/son soaps writ large. Worse.. you can't switch this channel OFF :-/

New Chimp cavils -
What a surprise...

Rummy's leaving is-not-connected-with-the-election
cha.
cha.
cha.

~~ Gosh, ya mean that Rummy ISN'T as smart as that Claws-Witz fella ??? hmm .... hmmmmmmm. Damn.

Who Knew?

Rumsfeld Stepping Down - (xtensive) - (17)
         Interesting timing... - (admin) - (4)
             Comes under the heading of... - (hnick) - (2)
                 As Abraham Lincoln once said - (lincoln)
                 Nope - (drewk)
             I don't think that's it. - (Silverlock)
         Robert Gates ex CIA will take over. - (Another Scott) - (10)
             Bush Sr. tried to appoint Gates - (xtensive) - (9)
                 There's that. Plus I wonder about his CIA ties. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                     I expected Lieberman - (hnick) - (1)
                         That's the theory I've been hearing tossed 'round - (xtensive)
                     Ask Putin about it. - (a6l6e6x)
                 Is there anybody from daddy's administration - (lincoln) - (4)
                     Ya NEED a lot of help - (imric)
                     Short answer: - (jb4)
                     Oh yes, lots. - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                         I'd bet $$: seething. - (Ashton)
         Chimp cavils - - (Ashton)

Hm. It all seems to cancel out. I’m back to not caring.
91 ms