IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Neither
I use a swamp cooler and if it's too hot than I turn off the pump and leave the fan running. The other adjustment is to close windows (unlike AC, swamp coolers work best in rooms with open windows and you can adjust temperatures in different parts of a house/building by adjusting which windows are open)
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New Ooh, flashback
I had a swamp cooler when I was in California. I was just explaining to someone yesterday how they (supposedly) work. Actually, learning how they work, and why regular A/C didn't out there, was how I learned about A/C.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
New Prolly regular AC would work OK too
But swamp coolers become less efficient as the ambient RH goes up: once air is saturated via original water + that added via evap. cooler: it no longer workee :[ NG in Miami fershure.

But where you can use them - lots less $/hr and first cost. (Though I was surprised at what a recent mobile-home replacement cooler cost, considering how utterly simple is a box with a motor and a squirrel-cage blower) Kinda like noting how near diesel fuel costs now VS gasoline -- given the much less cheaper processing. Must all be taxes. Of course too: they stink. OK - hike the price.

A.
     Semantics question - (drewk) - (15)
         Neither. - (admin)
         Neither - (Fearless Freep) - (2)
             Ooh, flashback - (drewk) - (1)
                 Prolly regular AC would work OK too - (Ashton)
         Down, since it is the level of conditioning to which u refer -NT - (tseliot)
         Neither... - (ChrisR) - (4)
             Ain't that the truth! - (jlalexander) - (1)
                 Heh - (Yendor)
             Visit the computer room lately? - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                 Shock to the system - (ChrisR)
         I turn it clockwise. - (marlowe) - (1)
             I like that one best. :-) -NT - (static)
         Re: Semantics question - (wharris2)
         Re: Semantics question - (rickw) - (1)
             You're thinking of this entry. - (static)

It's spelled "LRPD", but it's pronounced "mumble"!
44 ms