IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Big Buisness makes last minute shift to Democrats
[link|http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2006/10/28/democrat_coffers_trail_gop_despite_fund_raising_surge/|Boston.com]
According to the parties' latest financial disclosure statements, Democratic Party committees raised more than the national GOP committees during the first 18 days of October.

Riding a wave of optimism about the party's chances of gaining seats in the House and Senate in the Nov. 7 elections, the Democrats' national reelection committees collected a total of $25.9 million in the period. The Republican committees raised $18.6 million during the same 18 days.

That is a huge shift, the companies that depend on lobbying are obviously trying to make up lost ground. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The Republican K-Street project put a lot of pressure on companies to not only give more to Republicans but to give money only to Republicans and have only Republicans on their lobbying staff. Some companies that gave into that pressure may face a backlash now.

If we are really lucky it may even lead to a congress that is less tied to big money interests. The democrats have put a lot of emphasis on getting money from the public to make up for their losses among lobbyists. I expect big business and democrats in Congress will adjust quickly though.

Nevertheless, the Democrats' last minute fund-raising surge was not enough to overcome the Republicans' earlier fund-raising advantage. The three Republican Party committees had a total of $17 million more on hand than their Democratic counterparts as of Oct. 18, according to this week's financial reports.

Total corruption is still higher on the Republican side then the Democratic side though.

Jay
New Quite the optimist, aren't we?

Total corruption is still higher on the Republican side then the Democratic side though.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Tsk Tsk Jay...

Better put a qualifer on that...say in the last 10 years or so....or someone will be dregging up issues from 30+ years ago.
New that shifts with who is in power, party affiliation doesnt
matter. A congress critter is a highflier who thinks their shit doesnt smell no matter who they dine with. They often wake up at some point staring at a jail sentence and going huh?
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Sorry, Box - but who am moi to argue with LRPD -
Who the hell came up with that bit of retarded folk wisdom?

New that will be $8.50 mac
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New The numbers.
This is from an article of the dead tree version of Barron's about a report from the non-partisan Center for Responsive Politics on the spending on the mid-term election.
  • $2.6 billion: the total, record amount to be spent on campaigns by candidates, national political parties and issue advocacy groups:
  • $2.2 billion: total amount spent in 2002.
  • $5.8 million: the average amount raised by Senate candidates.
  • $760,000: the average amount raised by House candidates.
  • $1.4 billion: the amount Republican interests will spend.
  • $1.2 billion: the spending by Democratic interest.
Elsewhere, I heard that 3/4 of funding comes from business interests. That is why the US Government is of the corporations, by the corporations and for the corporations.

Ain't it grand!
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
     Big Buisness makes last minute shift to Democrats - (JayMehaffey) - (6)
         Quite the optimist, aren't we? - (bepatient)
         Tsk Tsk Jay... - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
             that shifts with who is in power, party affiliation doesnt - (boxley) - (2)
                 Sorry, Box - but who am moi to argue with LRPD - - (Ashton) - (1)
                     that will be $8.50 mac -NT - (boxley)
         The numbers. - (a6l6e6x)

Thine is a mere venal sin which may be atoned: dast not move it very far or very often, or Ever! -- to the 7-11 for a Big G{ulp..} and a Lottery ticket. This be thy penance.
77 ms