IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Identity Theft
Mine - maybe.

Couldn't get into my comcast account yesterday. Called comcast. reset password. And then found strange secondary email address. Deleted it.

Today, no email. Logged into my account and found that my email was being forwarded. Called comcast again. They're looking into it. Stopped forwarding and changed password and secret information again.

Check bank account. Two unauthorized transactions from Big River Co. Called bank. Cancelled check card, and started investigation. Called Big River and they are investigating from their end.

Next is to check my one and only CC.

I think this will be an interesting next few days.

Fork!
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New Bummer. It sounds like you caught it early. Good luck!!!
New email me please
williamoxley at netscrape period net
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New CC looks clean, no transactions.
But I've reported it as lost/stolen just in case.

That means: No check card, no credit card. Haven't used paper checks since I ran out over two years ago. Guess I'll have to go to the bank and withdraw some cash!

What a pain.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New You'll be OK
Big river will most likely make good on your charges as they are protective of their reputation as being the safest place to shop. You might want to login and see if you can still get into your big river account. Usually they change your password and email address. Also look at your address book for shipping addresses that look wrong.

If the purchases didn't go through your account, you have nothing to worry about, but if they did, CS will have to clean it up for you. This will take them a day or two at most.

[link|http://www.blackbagops.net|Black Bag Operations Log]

[link|http://www.objectiveclips.com|Artificial Intelligence]

[link|http://www.badpage.info/seaside/html|Scrutinizer]
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:02:13 AM EDT
New Well, that's got to be a royal pain!
Good luck in clearing it up, Joe!
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
New please read, Im interested
I would like to get details of what happened, we are facing stolen accounts also, please email me at my netscrape account
thanx
may you go in beauty
New Been there, Done that.
Didn't like it! To echo the sentiments here, sounds like you caught it early, and you are doing all the right stuff. Good luck; I hope the pain is light, and temporary.
jb4
"When the final history is written in Iraq, [link|http://images.ucomics.com/comics/tmate/2006/tmate060926.gif|it'll look just like a comma.]"
George W. Bush, 24 Sep 06
New Add PayPal to the list
My account has been flagged as a possible Security Violation. Called and will have to take steps to clear the flag. They didn't tell me what triggered the suspension.

As for my comcast account. This afternoon I set the forward mail flag on the unauthorized account, and now have 162 bounced spam attempts. Anyone want a letter from "Coca Cola Company" saying you won thier lottery? Lousy grammer and spelling. I've suspended the account and notified comcast. I'm interested in seeing what happens tomorrow!
New PayPal Pfishing - Possibly?
Beware of Pfishing here.

I get a lot of account terminated messages from Pfishing sites looking my account info. If you look at the URL you are being referred to, it's .be, .ru or just an IP address. It's never "really" PayPal.

Log directly into the PayPal site to do anything. Don't EVER go off of a link from an email. This could be your problem if you've answered any of these emails for PayPal or eBay.

The pfunny part about it is that I haven't done anything on PayPal in 2 years and my CC has long since expired, but I get at least 1 a week on 3 of my email accounts. I've never even registered 2 of the accounts.

The Pfishing emails are bad for eBay info as well.

Don't be fooled!!!!

Glen Austin
New No phishing
I logged into the Paypal site. Entered Id and password and was transferred to the Security Violation screen. And I called PayPal.

I've seen the phishing attempts. This is not one of them, or if it is, it's very, very good.
New The Phishing sites have gotten so good...
That even I was almost caught once, recently.

But then I always cut-n-paste the links into a text editor first, to see the whole thing.

They are getting better and better.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
Freedom is not FREE.
Yeah, but 10s of Trillions of US Dollars?
SELECT * FROM scog WHERE ethics > 0;

0 rows returned.
New Verified with PayPal
via phone from a known good site, without logging in. Something triggered a security flag. They have sent me instructions for clearing. May just close it and create a new account, would be easier...
New Never had a paypal account
I still get 2 or 3 paypal "Your account will be terminated" messages a week asking me to verify my info.

-----------------------------------------
Draft Obama [link|http://www.draftobama.org/|now].
New I've seen one for myspace, too.
"Don't give up!"
     Identity Theft - (jbrabeck) - (14)
         Bummer. It sounds like you caught it early. Good luck!!! -NT - (Another Scott)
         email me please - (boxley)
         CC looks clean, no transactions. - (jbrabeck)
         You'll be OK - (tuberculosis)
         Well, that's got to be a royal pain! - (a6l6e6x)
         please read, Im interested - (daemon)
         Been there, Done that. - (jb4)
         Add PayPal to the list - (jbrabeck) - (6)
             PayPal Pfishing - Possibly? - (gdaustin) - (5)
                 No phishing - (jbrabeck) - (2)
                     The Phishing sites have gotten so good... - (folkert) - (1)
                         Verified with PayPal - (jbrabeck)
                 Never had a paypal account - (Silverlock)
                 I've seen one for myspace, too. -NT - (static)

Yo yo yo yo yo y-y-y-y-yo.
92 ms