IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New A shop vacuum?
Caution: I can't see what you're seeing, so the following may make things worse. Use your best judgement.

I can't picture something large that would be in a sink drain that would be hard. Are you sure it's not a bend in the pipe?

Otherwise, maybe some suction on the pipe will move it around a little so that you can grab it. I wouldn't use a carpet vacuum to try this, but if you have an old vacuum, or a shop vacuum, maybe you can get enough suction on the pipe. Be careful though.

If you're sure that something's in there, and your snake won't grab it, maybe a long-bladed screwdriver will let you poke enough of a divot in it to get the snake to grab.

Otherwise, I can't think of anything. I hope this helps a little. Good luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Hmmm...Dont have a shop vac
The pipe has a slight bend where it meets the wall. Whatever it does behind the wall, I cant tell. There's something in there alright. I can feel it with the snake. It's probably a toy. I have an old fashion sink with a rubber stopper on a chain. The kids are always dropping all sorts of stuff down there. Whatever the black stuff is (I really dont want to know because I'm covered in it), it reacted with my silver ring and turned it bronze colored. I cant get the black off my skin, either.

Bleck. I give up for now. I'm gonna clean up the bathroom and deal with it tomorrow.
Is it too early to crack into the wine?
New It's NEVER too early to crack into the wine. HTH!
Cheers!

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad] (who just finished a very agreeable [link|http://www.montgras.cl/english/res_merlot_2005.htm|MontGras Reserva Merlot 2005])
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
New That helps enormously!
That merlot looked very good, btw. I have a pinot noir that is about to get uncorked.

Nice to see you back. Wasn't the same without you around. :-)
New try a wire coat hanger play with the end, maybe it will grab
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Bingo!
I think that may do it. Thank! I didnt even think of using a coat hanger. I'll try tomorrow. :-)
New I GIVE UP!
I CANT FIX THIS DAMN THING! WHO AM I? BOB VILLA? GODAMNSTUPIDSONOFABITCHDRAINFULLOFTOXICSLUDGE.
FUCKITY FUCK FUCK.

I QUIT!! DO YOU HEAR ME? I QUIT!
New Whew!
Let it rest a while.

How slow is the drain with it reassembled? Maybe it'll be good-enough for a while?

I think some of this [link|http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=drain%20enzyme&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&tab=wf|drain enzyme] stuff is pretty good at cleaning out crud like that, but I've honestly never tried it long enough to know how well it works.

My last experience with a slow bath sink drain involved cleaning out the trap and the pipe into the wall with paper towels and a toothbrush. The crud in my case was gray. And I didn't have any hard foreign objects.

Sorry that it seems to have the upper-hand so far. I hate working on plumbing because it never goes as easily as one thinks it should.

If it works at all when you reassemble it, would it be worth trying another [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=266192|can]?

Good luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New I took your advice.
Reassembled everything, discovered my laboring caused the sink to become totally clogged. Left it alone last night, except for cursing it to hell every time I walked by.

Visited the hardware store again today, bought another can of power plumber as a last resort. The first attempt backfired and shot sludgewater all over me and the bathroom. It looked like a horror movie with black ooze running down the walls and my face. Dammit to hell!!!
One more try. More shooting sludge, but then heard the mother of all gurgles, the blessed "swoosh", and the drain opened. And the angels sang.

Who's the woman? That's right. ME! Uh-huh, Uh-huh, Uh-huh. Did a little victory dance in the living room with the kids. Go Mamma! Go Mamma! You're the woman! You're the woman!

I AM WOMAN!

New Roooaaar! :-)
New You showered before dancing with the kids, I hope?
===

Kip Hawley is still an idiot.

===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New What? and clog the shower drain?
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
Freedom is not FREE.
Yeah, but 10s of Trillions of US Dollars?
SELECT * FROM scog WHERE ethics > 0;

0 rows returned.
New Dance first. Then shower.
They didnt actually dance. Just me. They werent quite as enthusiastic as I was.

(But they'll be plenty happy tomorrow morning when they dont have to brush their teeth in the bathtub again.)
New ICLRPD (new thread)
Created as new thread #269938 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=269938|ICLRPD]
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New ICLRPDs (new thread)
Created as new thread #269873 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=269873|ICLRPDs]
Two out of three people wonder where the other one is.
New Big congrats on winning that battle!
Two out of three people wonder where the other one is.
New Dup-Darn
I swear, Shizzy isnt even here yet!
Expand Edited by bionerd Oct. 6, 2006, 06:08:44 PM EDT
New We've got great things to look forward to, I can tell!
New Tonight's band camp meeting has been called to order
Shizzy is taking minutes. She also has the big glass tonight.

Phone lines and jabber are open. We are ready to accept your calls.
New Where are you?
I'm on Jabber and I can't wait around all day!

Come on People!
Smile,
Amy

[link|http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Amy%20Rathman|Pics of the Family]
New About to have dinner. :-)
     Need some plumbing ideas - (bionerd) - (28)
         Bend the tines down on a BBQ fork - (Silverlock)
         A shop vacuum? - (Another Scott) - (20)
             Hmmm...Dont have a shop vac - (bionerd) - (19)
                 It's NEVER too early to crack into the wine. HTH! - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     That helps enormously! - (bionerd)
                 try a wire coat hanger play with the end, maybe it will grab -NT - (boxley) - (16)
                     Bingo! - (bionerd) - (10)
                         I GIVE UP! - (bionerd) - (9)
                             Whew! - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                 I took your advice. - (bionerd) - (7)
                                     Roooaaar! :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     You showered before dancing with the kids, I hope? -NT - (drewk) - (3)
                                         What? and clog the shower drain? -NT - (folkert)
                                         Dance first. Then shower. - (bionerd) - (1)
                                             ICLRPD (new thread) - (lincoln)
                                     ICLRPDs (new thread) - (Meerkat)
                                     Big congrats on winning that battle! -NT - (Meerkat)
                     Dup-Darn - (bionerd) - (4)
                         We've got great things to look forward to, I can tell! -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                             Tonight's band camp meeting has been called to order - (bionerd) - (2)
                                 Where are you? - (imqwerky) - (1)
                                     About to have dinner. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Please note: - (Andrew Grygus)
         Just had our Kitchen Sink Plug HARD. I mean... - (folkert) - (4)
             kitchen sink goes 7 ft straight down in to basement - (boxley) - (3)
                 Yours or Mine? - (folkert) - (2)
                     Why? - (drewk)
                     just gloating -NT - (boxley)

Rutabaga.
77 ms