IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Try "The Home Depot"
...or "The Home Despot," as we call it here. We stopped in at their nearby Emeryville branch for parts to address a kitchen plumbing crisis and were subjected to the characteristic snarling indifference that passes for customer service in this establishment, waiting patiently as a Despotoid spent ten minutes not helping another customer (who wouldn't take the hint) before he had time to spend two minutes not helping us, insisting that a part we needed didn't exist, that if it did exist, and wasn't on display, it was not somewhere in inventory. He left it at that, because there were several other people waiting not to be helped.

I'd settle for early holiday displays.

cordially,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New No, they're just as bad
and so is the local Ace.

Everybody is throwing up fully decorated trees, and have several aisles of lights and ornaments crowding out the Lawn and Garden products that people down here still need into November.

I just pray that I don't need to repair something in the next few months. Otherwise, they'll probably be playing Christmas carols instead of the regular Muzak.

BLEECH!!!
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New Yesterday, I had no choice
Needed to get a few of those catches you use on armoire doors and some Winterizer fertilizer. HD is the closest, and since all 3 major chains have let their Home and Garden areas be turned into Christmas bizaars, I walked double-time until I was through the cas register line.
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
     LOWES - YOU SUCK! - (lincoln) - (9)
         You're gonna save alot of money then. - (bepatient) - (2)
             had them in the local bigbox labor day weekend -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 Local Ace hardware had them up @ July 4th Weekend. - (folkert)
         It's all about faith... - (Ashton) - (2)
             Tom Lehrer had it on target years ago. - (n3jja) - (1)
                 Tom L: 'proof' that a mathematician can also be a Mensch. -NT - (Ashton)
         Try "The Home Depot" - (rcareaga) - (2)
             No, they're just as bad - (lincoln) - (1)
                 Yesterday, I had no choice - (lincoln)

There should be an opportunity for somebody here.
45 ms