IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New More Looney Tunes
[link|http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20467604-23109,00.html|"The devil appears very sulphurous, and a few people say that he has given the order to kill me," Chavez said during a speech before scientists in western Venezuela.]

Wow. And democrats say Bush is "out there".
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Re: More Looney Tunes
so you don't believe that the US was behind the attempted overthrow of Chavez
maybe
you don't believe that US officials have repeatedly lied about Chavez claiming that he was not elected
maybe
you don't believe that the US will go to great lengths to prevent nations from having independent foreign policies

A
Play I Some Music w/ Papa Andy
Saturday 8 PM - 11 PM ET
All Night Rewind 11 PM - 5 PM
Reggae, African and Caribbean Music
[link|http://wxxe.org|Tune In]
New Maybe
I believe that regardless of those things, this man is a loon.
New Not just democrats...
A lot of people think Bush is out there, not just democrats. And just because Chavez is over the top, doesn't make Bush any saner. In any event, histornics are part of Chavez's public persona, in the same way Bush uses the Texan shitkicker routine. And he could be right about Bush's intentions toward him. The US has a long record of supporting political upheaval and assasinations in South America when it suits us. I could see getting rid of Chavez suiting Bush in a big way...
My 0.02 as always
New It helps him keep the price of oil up, some, too.
New Several Democrats attacked Chavez for his speech
You know a speech is out there when the people who would naturally be on your side attack you. Several leading Democrats attacked Chavez for the speech. Personally I thought it was rather tasteless.

Leaders of countries should avoid insulting or attacking the leaders of other countries. It is wrong when Chavez does it, and it is wrong when Bush does it.

Chavez worries me as being the sort of populist leader who starts with the best of intentions and large popular support, but the longer he stays in power the more paranoid and reactionary he becomes. And eventually degenerates into just another petty dictator. This pattern has played out in Africa and South America many times.

Jay
New and after all, it was the Other Bloke, not Old Scratch
—or so we might conclude from last year's remarks by [link|http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-08-22-robertson-_x.htm|this dude], who apparently [link|http://mediamatters.org/items/200505020002|has a direct line to the Big Guy]:
VIRGINIA BEACH (AP) \ufffd Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson suggested on-air that American operatives assassinate Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez to stop his country from becoming "a launching pad for communist infiltration and Muslim extremism."

"We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability," Robertson said Monday on the Christian Broadcast Network's The 700 Club.

"We don't need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator," he continued. "It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with."

"You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it," Robertson said. "It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war ... and I don't think any oil shipments will stop."
Who Would Jesus Whack?

devoutly,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New 2 peas in a pod.
I'd leave if he ever got elected. Wouldn't just talk about it like those Baldwin boys.
New Which 'he'? (Bush sorta 'was elected', depending..)
Now if you mean Genghis-Pat:

Hasn't the minority of Right-wing Reactionaries who have driven domestic and foreign policy all along - about the same influence.. cachet.. as Pres. (Charlie) McCarthy/Cheney? (who needs an Elliptical Office.)

So what's the big deal about being "elected" -?- if you govern policy from the wings.
(Is there such a thing as a Straw Dummy?)

;^>

Bozone (n): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking
down in the near future.
-- Washington Post
     More Looney Tunes - (bepatient) - (8)
         Re: More Looney Tunes - (andread) - (1)
             Maybe - (bepatient)
         Not just democrats... - (hnick) - (1)
             It helps him keep the price of oil up, some, too. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Several Democrats attacked Chavez for his speech - (JayMehaffey)
         and after all, it was the Other Bloke, not Old Scratch - (rcareaga) - (2)
             2 peas in a pod. - (bepatient) - (1)
                 Which 'he'? (Bush sorta 'was elected', depending..) - (Ashton)

Splor.
42 ms