IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New LOWES - YOU SUCK!
I cannot fucking believe it! I go to Lowes this morning to get a replacement spot floodlight for the kitchen and a new toilet tank handle cause the kids broke theirs. So looking out the door from the Plumbing area into the covered Lawn & Garden area, I see...

THEY'VE GOT A DOZEN FUCKING CHRISTMAS TREES SET UP, COVERED WITH LIGHTS AND ORNAMENTS!!! AND THEY'RE SURROUNDED BY SHELVES OF ORNAMENTS, CHRISTMAS LIGHTS, THOSE INFALTABLE LAWNS DECORATIONS, AND OTHER CRAP LIKE THAT!!! WHAT THE FUCK???

I mean, it's not even Halloween yet, and they've got all this shit out for sale already. Those fucking cocksuckers.

Lowes - you ain't seeing any more money from me this year!
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New You're gonna save alot of money then.
Suggest you start looking around. Those displays are going to go up nearly everywhere...and all before Halloween.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New had them in the local bigbox labor day weekend
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Local Ace hardware had them up @ July 4th Weekend.
Well July 2nd, mainly my wife told me about it... shocked her.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
Freedom is not FREE.
Yeah, but 10s of Trillions of US Dollars?
SELECT * FROM scog WHERE ethics > 0;

0 rows returned.
New It's all about faith...
that all manner of national unconscionable behavior and assholery may be atoned, if consumers will just... Consume More

(like the Leader said - in answer to, "what sacrifices might we citizens make in the Democracy Wars for Freedom?) ... way back before that first Freedom Invasion-just-before-Iran. Remember? He said, "just go on out and act as if everything is normal [mumbling ~some equiv. of 'buy more stuff']"

So let's make this a Green Chri$tma$ !!
in honor of Stan Freburg (they tried to recall that record, IIRC) and . . .
and, the Prince of Peace\ufffd!
Just go out and

\ufffd

buy.. buy.. buy.... buy.. buy.. buy.... buy.. buy.. buy.... buy.. buy.. buy.... buy.. buy.. buy.... buy.. buy.. buy.... buy.. buy.. buy.... buy.. buy.. buy.... buy.. buy.. buy.... buy.. buy.. buy.... buy.. buy.. buy.... buy.. buy.. buy.... buy.. buy.. buy.... buy.... 'til you duy...
Then spend lots on the funeral - put that in the Will.

\ufffd - to the tune of, The Volga Boatmen

Yeah - them wet-behind-ears hollowest-yet MBA pups ain't just cuthless; they know not even the vestiges of shame, the smarmy TLA-spewing Armani-lusting wart-toads..
New Tom Lehrer had it on target years ago.
"Hark, the Herald Tribune sings,
Advertising wondrous things.
God rest ye merry merchants,
May ye make the Yuletide pay.
Angels we have heard on high,
Tell us to go out and buy!"

[link|http://members.aol.com/quentncree/lehrer/xmas.htm|Linky]
New Tom L: 'proof' that a mathematician can also be a Mensch.

New Try "The Home Depot"
...or "The Home Despot," as we call it here. We stopped in at their nearby Emeryville branch for parts to address a kitchen plumbing crisis and were subjected to the characteristic snarling indifference that passes for customer service in this establishment, waiting patiently as a Despotoid spent ten minutes not helping another customer (who wouldn't take the hint) before he had time to spend two minutes not helping us, insisting that a part we needed didn't exist, that if it did exist, and wasn't on display, it was not somewhere in inventory. He left it at that, because there were several other people waiting not to be helped.

I'd settle for early holiday displays.

cordially,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New No, they're just as bad
and so is the local Ace.

Everybody is throwing up fully decorated trees, and have several aisles of lights and ornaments crowding out the Lawn and Garden products that people down here still need into November.

I just pray that I don't need to repair something in the next few months. Otherwise, they'll probably be playing Christmas carols instead of the regular Muzak.

BLEECH!!!
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

New Yesterday, I had no choice
Needed to get a few of those catches you use on armoire doors and some Winterizer fertilizer. HD is the closest, and since all 3 major chains have let their Home and Garden areas be turned into Christmas bizaars, I walked double-time until I was through the cas register line.
lincoln

LOWES - YOU SUCK! - (lincoln) - (9)
         You're gonna save alot of money then. - (bepatient) - (2)
             had them in the local bigbox labor day weekend -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 Local Ace hardware had them up @ July 4th Weekend. - (folkert)
         It's all about faith... - (Ashton) - (2)
             Tom Lehrer had it on target years ago. - (n3jja) - (1)
                 Tom L: 'proof' that a mathematician can also be a Mensch. -NT - (Ashton)
         Try "The Home Depot" - (rcareaga) - (2)
             No, they're just as bad - (lincoln) - (1)
                 Yesterday, I had no choice - (lincoln)

My other car is a unicycle.
142 ms