IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New there is a method to diagnose low serotonin levels
Have you looked at Fenichel?
[link|http://www.amazon.com/PSYCHOANALYTIC-THEORY-NEUROSIS-Z/dp/0393010198|http://www.amazon.co...S-Z/dp/0393010198]
he corrects Freud when wrong---as in his critique of the Death Instinct---yet he presents, extends, and applies Freud's science in a comprehensiveness and accuracy which no other psychoanalyst has since done. Fenichel not only summarizes and clearly explains theory, but also provides case-histories. He also decribes the most basic concepts of psychoanalysis such that any intelligent layman/woman could use this book as a starting point, though the book does reach a very sophiscated level after the introduction and early chapters. Very significant is Fenichel's presentation of how mere neuroses can advance to psychoses, and that solely mentalistic causes can force such an advance; this etiology ruptures the current fashion of
emphasizing brain-biochemical causes, or, holding biochemicals to be the ONLY cause of mental illness; Fenichel's work here shows why the biochemical/physicalist-theory is at best half-true (despite the best marketing tactics of American pharmaceutical companies, and the outright bombast of the psychiatric community).
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Interesting
I'll have to take a look at that book. I used to be much more psychoanalytical in my approach than I am now, probably because I was mentored by a bunch of Freudians. But as I learn more about the organic components and brain chemistry of mental illness and substance abuse, it seems to make more sense to me. You cant separate mind and body. It's all the same package.

I have the feeling I'm being followed... - (Another Scott) - (37)
         Damn! let's cut to the chase - - (Ashton)
         wierd sctuff happens when a six dimensioned brain tries to - (boxley) - (28)
             This 6th sense is called proprioception - (bionerd) - (27)
                 there is mental illness apart from brain illness - (boxley) - (26)
                     I dont think so. - (bionerd) - (25)
                         there is a method to diagnose low serotonin levels - (boxley) - (1)
                             Interesting - (bionerd)
                         What about addictions? - (static) - (22)
                             Not too many drugs have been approved to treat addictions - (bionerd) - (21)
                                 Psycho-LRPD chimes in, - (Ashton)
                                 quite often an addiction can be genetic - (boxley) - (19)
                                     Replace one addiction with another? - (static) - (14)
                                         Dude, "opiate of the masses" sound familiar? -NT - (drewk) - (10)
                                             Yeah - but I always took that line as derogatory. -NT - (static) - (9)
                                                 Hey, you get a buzz either way - (broomberg)
                                                 It is - (drewk) - (7)
                                                     I guess Bill's stance caught me by surprise. - (static) - (6)
                                                         we live in chaos - (boxley) - (5)
                                                             I can't decide - (drewk) - (4)
                                                                 ? Perfectly legible post, subject matter is esoteric -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                     Concur - - (Ashton)
                                                                     I know, but this is *you* we're talking about -NT - (drewk) - (1)
                                                                         which me are you talking about? :-) -NT - (boxley)
                                         static, you are a religious person (unless changed) - (boxley) - (2)
                                             I see your point. - (static) - (1)
                                                 I have two brothers who are licenced pastors - (boxley)
                                     Yeah but - (bionerd)
                                     dup-sorry - (bionerd) - (2)
                                         Are you and shizzy starting already? -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                             Oh, you are sooo funny - (bionerd)
         Ghosts - (drewk) - (6)
             Spent a lot of hours in/around magnetic fields - - (Ashton) - (5)
                 You merely proved *you* didn't experience it - (drewk) - (4)
                     Validity of "sample size one" depends on intensity. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                         You ever watch those medical emergency shows on TLC? - (drewk) - (2)
                             Probably Republicans -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                 :) -NT - (Silverlock)

One may hardly be found in a handbag in the railway station unless one has been lost in a handbag in the railway station.
60 ms