IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You mean,
the big, regulated oligopolies of the past? Or the big, unregulated, slowly dying mammoths of the present?

Last time I flied, it was Jet Blue. Are they getting any money from Govt?

------

179. I will not outsource core functions.
--
[link|http://omega.med.yale.edu/~pcy5/misc/overlord2.htm|.]

New Yes
[link|http://hasbrouck.org/blog/archives/001001.html|http://hasbrouck.org...hives/001001.html]
New Wow, is THAT a skewed diatribe
It ignores EVERY instance of taxes and fees charged to airlines that are not charged to other companies (like federal excise)

it ignores the PFCs that are regularly plundered by local govt in exchange for the "beneficial tax treatment of construction".

Trust me...if it was a huge burden (as opposed to a huge cash cow)...there wouldn't be near as much effort to keep them afloat.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Shall we compare airlines to trucking?
Infrastrucure built by government, safety services provided by same, some proportion of auto mechanics probably got their training in the Army, kids are taught to drive for free at high schools (not commercial license, but still...)

Sorry, I don't buy that. I was looking for direct payments, buy-outs and some such.

The level of government support you're citing may entitle the taxpayers to demand safe and reliable service on the routes that the airlines do fly. I don't think it entitles the taxpayers to demand that routes be opened where it commercially makes no sense, like mmoffitt is doing.

------

179. I will not outsource core functions.
--
[link|http://omega.med.yale.edu/~pcy5/misc/overlord2.htm|.]

Weekly Retail Gasoline and Diesel Prices - (lincoln) - (46)
         Oh for the glory years of 2002 - (bepatient) - (45)
             How low do you think it'll go? - (mmoffitt) - (44)
                 We have to have the hellish winter - (bepatient) - (42)
                     Heh. Which "airlines" are gonna be left to make money? ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (41)
                         There's the problem - (bepatient) - (40)
                             Heh again. - (mmoffitt) - (39)
                                 Disagree with 1 carrier - (bepatient) - (35)
                                     Bzzzzzt. Wrong. Thanks for playing. - (mmoffitt) - (34)
                                         In case you missed it - (bepatient) - (33)
                                             I didn't miss it. - (mmoffitt) - (32)
                                                 BS - (bepatient) - (29)
                                                     Fly direct from there much? - (mmoffitt) - (28)
                                                         What are you blathering about? - (bepatient) - (27)
                                                             Shareholders == Business Class customers. - (mmoffitt) - (26)
                                                                 What? - (bepatient) - (25)
                                                                     What I support is a viable airline industry. - (mmoffitt) - (24)
                                                                         One nit - (jake123) - (8)
                                                                             Nit granted. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                                                                 But still...you ignore one point - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                                                     No. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                                                         Funny - (bepatient)
                                                                                         They may be on way out.. anyway___hyperbolically related - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                                                             There were some post 9/11/2001 studies on this. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                                                 And I was too busy moving to notice -NT - (drewk)
                                                                                                 Interesting. Thanks! -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                                         "All of us pay to support"? - (Arkadiy) - (14)
                                                                             Find out how much money the gov gave to airline firms - (jake123) - (12)
                                                                                 You mean, - (Arkadiy) - (3)
                                                                                     Yes - (broomberg) - (2)
                                                                                         Wow, is THAT a skewed diatribe - (bepatient)
                                                                                         Shall we compare airlines to trucking? - (Arkadiy)
                                                                                 This year, none. - (bepatient) - (7)
                                                                                     CLUE: You *have* to include Airport Funding. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                                                                         No, I don't. - (bepatient)
                                                                                         Errr... - (Arkadiy) - (4)
                                                                                             Under the AIP, the fed picks up 90%. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                                                 Complete and utter BS - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                                     How's this, toddler? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                                                         Crawling before you walk - (bepatient)
                                                                             #268351 -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                 fscked? really? - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                                                     Stevens Point - (lincoln)
                                 SATS? -NT - (jbrabeck) - (2)
                                     Small Aircraft Transportation System. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         Thanks -NT - (jbrabeck)
                 tip of the iceberg - (boxley)

Quis Custodiet Custodes Ipsos?
149 ms