IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: You are part of the problem then
To quote a great philosopher,

I don\ufffdt vote. Two reasons. First of all it\ufffds meaningless; this country was bought and sold a long time ago. Secondly, I believe if you vote, you have no right to complain. People like to twist that around \ufffd they say, \ufffdIf you don\ufffdt vote, you have no right to complain\ufffd, but where\ufffds the logic in that? If you vote and you elect dishonest, incompetent people into office who screw everything up, you are responsible for what they have done,. You caused the problem; you voted them in; you have no right to complain. I, on the other hand, who did not vote, who in fact did not even leave the house on election day, am in no way responsible for what these people have done and have every right to complain about the mess you created that I had nothing to do with.

George Carlin

Just a few thoughts,

Danno
New EEuwww__ ya mean that, all we have left is
Catch 22?

Well, you seem fine. How am I?

From one small angle..

Tiny-little Esalen has had a long-term effect on this Disneyland, I wot.
Imagine if *every* pol had to spend a week there, when Fritz Perls was Alive!
(Ackshully some did, even some top Pentagon brass, I'm reliably informed..)

Why, at very least - they'd find out, amidst the crap running around loose inside - which was the Bullshit, and just how little qualifies for Elephantshit status.

Are you geared up for the contest?
How close will Rove succeed in, Agin Us == commie pinko longhaired intellekshul Traitors

Given the 100% of the loonies set-in-concrete - what % of the Duhs WILL still bite on this '50s deja vu ??

E n o u g h ? ? ?

PS - a BBC commentator just now referring to "President 'Boosh' ... defying the Geneva Convention ..." cha cha cha
(a mere happenstance of local accent, no doubt) Love. It.

Ed: Obv the Wolfowitz gang have distributed The Day of the Jackal as MAN-interrogation for our hooded Freedom-representatives in dark dungeons ...

Remember the captured guy's death rattle after er vigorous 'interrogation', which the questioners almost missed within the screams: ... cha ... cal ?

Meanwhile, I'll always have Paris Sergei Nakariakov playing, on the Fluegelhorn, right on down to those cello pedal tones: The Tschaikovsky Variations on a Rococo Theme. What, me worry?
Expand Edited by Ashton Sept. 14, 2006, 05:16:10 PM EDT
New The Fletcher Memorial
Ashton,
Your response brought to mind an old Pink Floyd lyric that I haven't thought of for years. It's off their Final Cut...

"The Fletcher Memorial Home"

take all your overgrown infants away somewhere
and build them a home a little place of their own
the fletcher memorial
home for incurable tyrants and kings
and they can appear to themselves every day
on closed circuit t.v.
to make sure they're still real
it's the only connection they feel
"ladies and gentlemen, please welcome reagan and haig
mr. begin and friend mrs. thatcher and paisley
mr. brezhnev and party
the ghost of mccarthy
the memories of nixon
and now adding colour a group of anonymous latin
american meat packing glitterati"
did they expect us to treat them with any respect
they can polish their medals and sharpen their
smiles, and amuse themselves playing games for a while
boom boom, bang bang, lie down you're dead
safe in the permanent gaze of a cold glass eye
with their favourite toys
they'll be good girls and boys
in the fletcher memorial home for colonial
wasters of life and limb
is everyone in?
are you having a nice time?
now the final solution can be applied.

I just read a very interesting book the other day called The Lessons of History found [link|http://www.alibris.com/search/books/qwork/3887867/used/The%20Lessons%20of%20History|at this site]. In this book, he fairly well predicts (in 1968) what happens and will happen based on historical patterns. Excellent read...

Just a few thoughts,

Danno
New Interesting side note on that particular disk
As what I consider the last true Pink Floyd album...the departure of Waters from the group probably came at the right moment...because,as my friend said, to top that one on the list of depressing views of the world...they'd have to commit mass suicide on side 2 of the followup.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New A good lesson por moi
{sigh}
an inability to abide the sound of wailing guitars and overblown saxes - has its downside.
(well, except for having read most Zappa lyrics / seen 200 Motels, etc.)
Seems there was much wheat within those missed tons of chaff.

Isn't it a bit surprising, though, that such samples as this.. appear to have gone ^Zoom^, generally - despite being solidly grounded in the vernacular -- and full of truthiness?

I mean, who expects anyone much to - look up The War Prayer!
But even the bone-lazy can grok the essence here: there's always Google, various -paedias - for discovering wtf 'McCarthy' was, to call up, Hey! Hey LBJ - how many kids didja kill today? Lazy fingers, even?

(It's unsurprising only if Dumbth really Is increasing -- how else to explain the nearly universal torpor, until quite recently. And, how long will this spate of Noticing Stuff persist?)

Anyway, thanks for The Fletcher Memorial.
Cruising for Burgers in Daddy's New Car just might re-hook the new crop of Metro-consensual teens!

(As to the Durants; it seems there's another person, from a few centuries back - who attempted an All and Everything synopsis, too. (He may not have realized that was actually his direction.. at first.)

Reports in time, depending upon the rhythm and the er, 'denying force'.
It's a good time for all well-crafted summings-up, isn't it?
Hmmm - wait: what was the ~theme of, The Day Paradise Put Up a Parking Lot ?

They also serve who only stand and fidget
Recollecting early girly Bridgit
Bardot at last goes on to seek the Bardos
Alas falls short and finds instead, Zardoz

Mea culpa, Atahualpa
A mini-ode to one so ornery
Decides to go become Sean Connery
(When's the movie version of, It Can't Happen Here?)

Pat Buchanan pushes Al Gore for President? - (JayMehaffey) - (38)
         He still appears to be the best they've got. - (bepatient) - (21)
             I like edwards -NT - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                 prefer Dem Edwards Repo Graham SC -NT - (boxley)
             John? -NT - (boxley) - (12)
                 McCain -NT - (bepatient) - (11)
                     no way, couldnt support him -NT - (boxley)
                     No - (tuberculosis) - (9)
                         Your thoughts are noted and not reflected by current polls. -NT - (bepatient) - (8)
                             I don't think he has the cred on the left - (tuberculosis)
                             {Whew} - imagine going with a majority thought process. -NT - (Ashton) - (6)
                                 Interesting compulsion you have - (bepatient) - (5)
                                     When both suck - one still may write-in; a quaint custom.. -NT - (Ashton) - (4)
                                         Assuming people can still write - (jb4)
                                         Kinda tough to do on a Diebold setup -NT - (Silverlock) - (2)
                                             Not-so, apparently: - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                 Amazing... :-/ -NT - (Another Scott)
             I'll proprose someone else - (Silverlock) - (5)
                 Unless something egregious shows up I would vote for him -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                     Only been a senator for 2 years - (lincoln) - (2)
                         Did you read the endorsment? - (Silverlock)
                         So how much experience did Bush have? Kennedy? Me? -NT - (boxley)
                 I have no objections - (tuberculosis)
         If Gore or Feingold run, I'll vote. - (mmoffitt) - (15)
             You are part of the problem then - (tuberculosis) - (14)
                 You're right - (dmcarls) - (1)
                     I think part of the problem is that this administration... - (inthane-chan)
                 I probably will. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                     Lyndon may have some company soon. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                         Love how Hoosiers count - (jb4) - (4)
                             That really should be an LRPD - (lincoln) - (2)
                                 Who says it's political? - (jb4) - (1)
                                     Aren't ALL wars "political"? -NT - (lincoln)
                             Nominated for LRPD (new thread) - (lincoln)
                 Re: You are part of the problem then - (danreck) - (4)
                     EEuwww__ ya mean that, all we have left is - (Ashton) - (3)
                         The Fletcher Memorial - (danreck) - (2)
                             Interesting side note on that particular disk - (bepatient)
                             A good lesson por moi - (Ashton)

Member Contest. I love it.
124 ms