IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You can go about your business... move along...move along
Though I meant handwaving in the "I can't back my suggestion up with experience or any facts that I didn't Google for 5 minutes ago", and not in the Jedi Mind Trick sense, I had in mind the following:

Throw an exception deep in your code that will bubble up to main when you need to exit.

Smart pointers will delete your objects (thus calling their destructors) as the stack unwinds.

But my C++ experience is limited and dates from a time before either of these things were widely used, so I could be completely off base.
--
Chris Altmann
New It'll be fine
I need the exception knowledge anyway.
     C++ destructer question - (broomberg) - (26)
         delete or free the resource? - (Yendor) - (2)
             Zip it, whipper-snapper -NT - (drewk)
             Yeah, but - (broomberg)
         <handwave>Smart Pointers and Exceptions</handwave> -NT - (altmann) - (5)
             These are not the droids you're looking for... -NT - (admin) - (4)
                 Um - (broomberg) - (3)
                     You can go about your business... move along... -NT - (admin) - (2)
                         You can go about your business... move along...move along - (altmann) - (1)
                             It'll be fine - (broomberg)
         Exceptions are key - (tuberculosis) - (16)
             Thanks -NT - (broomberg)
             How's this: - (broomberg) - (14)
                 A Mantra in C++ - Construction is Resource Acquisition - (tuberculosis) - (13)
                     Thanks - (broomberg) - (5)
                         2 of the "magic 4" methods - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                             Ahh, thanks - (broomberg) - (3)
                                 If you are going to continue on this path - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                                     Order request sent - (broomberg)
                                     Ordered from big river today. -NT - (broomberg)
                     Oh, and as far as using it for a sequence at a time, - (broomberg) - (1)
                         OK - but I would be likely to model seq as iterator -NT - (tuberculosis)
                     What. He. Said. - (jb4) - (4)
                         You can't properly hate something you don't really know -NT - (drewk) - (2)
                             Disagree. - (jb4) - (1)
                                 Disagree with your disagree. - (broomberg)
                         That's just the problem - (tuberculosis)

Narf!
115 ms