IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New IT bugs out over IIS security
[link|http://www.zdnet.com/eweek/stories/general/0,11011,2792859,00.html|http://www.zdnet.co...2859,00.html]

"Microsoft's platform flaws have users mulling switch to rival Web servers.
For Brooks Martin, patching and maintaining his Microsoft Corp. IIS Web servers is almost a full-time job. With so many vulnerabilities\ufffdand with a new patch appearing seemingly every week\ufffdMartin said it's a struggle keeping his head above water.

"We stay on top of what we do, but you never know," said Martin, CEO of isObject Inc., an independent software developer in Brentwood, Tenn. "Maintaining IIS servers is a cumbersome, tedious process. Any time you bring a new server online, you have to apply 40 or 50 patches."
New What would it cost to hire a skywriter
To reproduce his quote over ~ 10 major cities, for a week?

Who'll chip in? I'll send a few..

Ashton
Fighting Evil before breakfast
New consolidation?
>> Any time you bring a new server online, you have to apply 40 or 50 patches. <<

I am surprised MS does not offer a subscription service to periodically consolidate patches into a single load.

People have been complaining about patches since the Novell glory days (pre-web). Nothing new.

That's called a "service pack".

Its released perodically - unless, in this case - they want you to buy the latest and greatest, so they won't MAKE any more service packs for NT 4 (or even ship the last one they did create).

Addison
     IT bugs out over IIS security - (bluke) - (3)
         What would it cost to hire a skywriter - (Ashton)
         consolidation? - (tablizer) - (1)
             Re: consolidation? - (addison)

"Lord Vetinari won't stop at sarcasm. He might use" -- Colon swallowed -- "irony."
39 ms