IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New But what is the definition of "Guilty"
Did they do the actions? Now very few people will argue it (although I seem to recall Kathleen Parker trying to give the benefit of a doubt).

The real kicker is whether or not they were ORDERED to do it. They claim they were ordered, but there aren't any written orders...and dead men don't testify when (if) officers are charged.
New Re: But what is the definition of "Guilty"
The real kicker is whether or not they were ORDERED to do it. They claim they were ordered, but there aren't any written orders...and dead men don't testify when (if) officers are charged.

If that was the goal, then a term in the stockade and a dishonorable discharge would be better. Ruin their credibility without the problems a death penalty case would bring.

Having thought about it a bit, my fear is that they might be over prosecuting these guys as a showcase trial. They picked a small group that is clearly guilty and can't drag anybody else in, and then hit them with everything in the book and maximum possible sentence.

Jay
New wrong trial, the one you want is over here
where the soldiers conspired to kidnap rape and execute the 14 yo girl and her family then covered it up. Death for all and a life sentence at hard labor for the sentry that looked the other way.

The guys you are talking about were issued an illegal verbal rule of engagement, kill all male civilians between 14 and 60. They followed that to the letter and killed a non combatant. 3 years hard labor and a dishonerable, 5 years and stripped of all rank and pension for the colonel who ordered it and 3 years for the XO who should have known better.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Damn, there's two?
Sorry, you're right...I was thinking of the latter.

The former deserves death.
     Army prosecutor recommends death sentence - (JayMehaffey) - (7)
         A Bid for a Pardon? -NT - (andread)
         But what is the definition of "Guilty" - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
             Re: But what is the definition of "Guilty" - (JayMehaffey) - (2)
                 wrong trial, the one you want is over here - (boxley) - (1)
                     Damn, there's two? - (Simon_Jester)
         Washington Post story emphasis is slightly different. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             The 'Band of Brothers' Unravels - (dmcarls)

No Cheesy Chatroom Shite here!
139 ms