IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Key Management Systems
And we're back in the right topic :-)

bill boxly replied to my original message
what OS are you running? Verisign has a business of key management.
thanx,
bill

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep

Everything about the current platform is back level / obsolete and will remain that way until it is displaced by a less obsolecent mixture of software for the new platform.

Legacy platform:
  • ATG Dynamo 5.6.1

• Sun JDK 1.3.1_07

• Sun OS 5.8

• Oracle 9.2

New platform
  • IBM WebSphere 6.0 [not 6.1]

• Atg Dynamo 7.2 inside the WebSphere server

• IBM JDK 1.4.2

• Oracle 10g

I'm splicing in the Sun JCE 1.2.2 [obsolete] and possibly RSA or BouncyCastle cryptography providers into the legacy system. Credit card vendors really prefer AES256 encryption - but that is not available on the obsolete JDK's

So, what key management systems have folks around here tried to implement?

New key management (forgot link)
from the description of the visa document you need to tighten up access to a certain level of protection. Solaris comes with Kerebos. Also ssh provides a good key management system. VPN products use encrypted tunnels. If you are trying to use key encyption via a web application then I would look at the native hardware encryption that comes with the niagra series of servers. They are reasonable in price. Could you not splice a non java encryption method into the program?
Just </dev/ass and Shishi of course [link|http://gnu.planetmirror.com/non-gnu/shishi/shishi.html|http://gnu.planetmir...hishi/shishi.html]
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
Expand Edited by boxley Aug. 25, 2006, 01:00:28 PM EDT
     Re: Key Management Systems - (dlevitt) - (1)
         key management (forgot link) - (boxley)

It's like Parkay: You think it's LRPD, but it's not.
37 ms