IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You are not thinking well.
Especially since a distributed DB with partitioned trees works wonderful.

Now if you have everything in one container, ummm yeah ANY directory will be sluggish.

Although eDIR has been shown to handle a Billion leaf objects in a single OU, doesn't mean you should.

Now if you want propaganda... sure there are tons of things out there comparing OpenLDAP to (MS-ADS, Netscapes thing, Sun's thing, IBM's thing...etc) But for every bad one they can show you... I'll have to bet you it'd be possible to should a bad one pertaining to the Proprietary one as well.

You have to rememeber distributed Directory is what it is all about. Unless you have a 64GB Memory monster and 8 processors... running in 64-bit mode (not well tested yet) and you have tweaked OpenLDAP to use all of it... and you don't have to worry about Disk IO...

IOW, if you use due diligience on the configs of the OpenLDAP servers and Client machines (being servers too) you should be fine.

Now, I remeber giving some advice on configs recently... are you sure the server is even being used properly?
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
Freedom is not FREE.
Yeah, but 10s of Trillions of US Dollars?
SELECT * FROM scog WHERE ethics > 0;

0 rows returned.
New ROFL since ir was you that sent me the email :-)
found it earlier today. You didnt have a high opinion then. This is regarding a product being presented to us.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New So... did I change my mind again?
Or you mean I was saying the same thing then that I am now?

The only thing the Proprietary LDAP solution gets you is a Monthly Support Bill, and some people feel better paying for support, even if it doesn't work well.

The rigth channels used in the LDAP mailing lists typically get you faster and better responses than the support for $COMPANY.BTW, get claims of performance for the product (if $YOUR_EMPLOYER chooses to buy it) in writing and that it is based on your model or usage. That way when it PUKES and you have a parallel implemetation of OpenLDAP you can get all your money back plus some.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
Freedom is not FREE.
Yeah, but 10s of Trillions of US Dollars?
SELECT * FROM scog WHERE ethics > 0;

0 rows returned.
     openldap question - (boxley) - (3)
         You are not thinking well. - (folkert) - (2)
             ROFL since ir was you that sent me the email :-) - (boxley) - (1)
                 So... did I change my mind again? - (folkert)

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal.
93 ms