IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New "An stimulus package"???????? GMAFB!
Did The Resident actually say "AN stimulus"?

Shouldn't there be a requirement somewhere in the Constitution that reads something like, "The President of the United States shall not take office, whether by election or appointment by the United States Supreme Court, UNLESS THE BASTARD CAN SPEAK ENGLISH!"

Jesus-FSCKING-Christ! "AN stimulus"??? I don't know what pisses me off more, the fact that the Great Moron has been selected to represent us, or those fricking Republocrats (aka Democrats) pissing all over themselves congratulating the friggin' idiot on his speech.

Ingells once said that Communists the world over should look to the United States to see how well self-government can work. He should have said that Communists the world over should look to the United States to see what kind of fscked up assholes could be appointed by the ruling elite if you don't kill all the bastards first. "AN stimulus". Holy Hell, if the bastard's English is that bad, he shouldn't be allowed to walk around by himself, let alone decide who to bomb next.
New I don't think it was intentional.
If you heard that part of the speech, it sounds as if he was starting to read the wrong part of the teleprompter screen, or got ahead of himself. At least it does to me...

You don't think he was speaking off-the-cuff do you?

Sorry to spoil your rant. It was pretty good. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New No, I don't think he was speaking off-the-cuff.
And that makes it *WORSE* not better. He practiced that speech and still managed to mangle it.
The man is a moron with, to borrow from Ann Richards, "a silver foot in his mouth."
Expand Edited by mmoffitt Jan. 31, 2002, 11:40:22 AM EST
New About 3/4 of the way through...
...he started to lose focus on the prompter...and IIRC that was the most evident screw-up...(not counting the butchering of the stewardess's name)

I wanted to choke when I heard the rebuttal.

We want to create a UNIVERSAL PENSION PLAN..

ok..no more Universal Health Care for the moment...breath easy...

BUT THEY ALREADY HAVE A UNIVERSAL PENSION PLAN. Its called Social Security...so the Dems have now admitted...Social Security is way to fucked up...SO LETS DO IT AGAIN!!!

Breathtaking.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New "he lost focus". Right. I was too harsh.
I should have taken his nanosecond attention span into account.
New Missed point...
...because not only did he screw up your statement...he made several other reading mistakes and kept talking through punctuation.

He lost his focus.

New Umm... Was that supposed to be in his *defense*...?
New Re: Umm... that would be a no
I am actually saying he screwed up more than just an little bit :-p

New I see, I couldn't watch much of it.
I just cannot accept some one "leading the free world" who routinely and unashamedly destroys his own language.

I was right about one thing though. Having him in that office has given me a lot of empathy for my Russian friends who were always ashamed to hear Breshnev speak.

You can be from the southern US and not sound like a hick. Unfortunately, Dubya hasn't learnt dat yit. I'm afraid to listen to him too much. With all this talk about weapons of mass destruction, I'm afraid he'll try to pronounce "nuclear" again. How is it? "nOOkuler"? GACK!!!
New Even J. Carter, with a Masters in NE, couldn't pronounce it.
He called it "noookier", IIRC.

:-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Interesting
You can be from the southern US and not sound like a hick.

In other words, "if your regional dialect doesn't sound like mine, you must be stupid". The President doesn't sound like a "hick" to me, I know people with a much heavier southern speach patterns than his.

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://home.houston.rr.com/spiceware/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

New actually, I shouldn't be surprised at the attitude
I was born in Alabama and lived in the south until 2nd grade. We moved up north where I was thrown into speech class because of my southern accent. It didn't matter that I did well in school, I just sounded "like a hick" to the yankees.

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://home.houston.rr.com/spiceware/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

New Who you callin' Yankee, boy?
I'm from Hickory, North Carolina. My great-great Grandfather was with General Lee when he surrendered (no bullshit, I didn't know that until last summer, but it's a fact - Solomon Keller was there.)
New And where did I say you were a Yankee?
I said that yankees, not you, tossed me into speech class because of my southern drawl.

My comment was more on how regional dialects create "impressions and expectations" about people from other regions. I've noticed a lot of negative flack about Texans by people who've never even been here, while people who've visited seem to be pleasantly surprised to discover that Texas is not like they expected.

I'm pretty sure that the Texas dialect is different than the North Carolina dialect, especially since you think The President sounds like a hick. To me, he sounds like a Texan.

Darrell Spice, Jr.

New Thought you were including me in the group ;0)
New Give him a break on this one
Rush Limberger gives Bush a brush every chance, but this time give him a break.
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New Yes
It's working! People are spending like crazy on grammer[1] books for fear that their children risk growing up talking like that.

The fear increased the GNP by 2 percent points.

[1] Grammar, grahmer, grammure, grammuer ?
             No, I don't think he was speaking off-the-cuff. - (mmoffitt)
         About 3/4 of the way through... - (bepatient) - (11)
             "he lost focus". Right. I was too harsh. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                 Missed point... - (bepatient) - (9)
                     Umm... Was that supposed to be in his *defense*...? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                         Re: Umm... that would be a no - (bepatient)
                     I see, I couldn't watch much of it. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                         Even J. Carter, with a Masters in NE, couldn't pronounce it. - (Another Scott)
                         Interesting - (SpiceWare) - (4)
                             actually, I shouldn't be surprised at the attitude - (SpiceWare) - (3)
                                 Who you callin' Yankee, boy? - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                     And where did I say you were a Yankee? - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                                         Thought you were including me in the group ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Give him a break on this one - (wharris2)
         Yes - (tablizer)

It's a lady. No it's not. Her hair is E.T.
79 ms