IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Variation on Clockwork Orange
Can we engineer docile behavior? Possibly. But should we?
New Thou sayest
Hubris R'Us.

Best rebuttal to any such grand scheme that comes to mind -

Read the entire 20 Volume history of corn, starting with the original FOOD, then earliest 'hybrids' - then.. on through to now, folding in the health consequences to millions (just barely being noticed seriously, in past few years.)

Genes? corn has been entirely about the premeditated construction of the means of corporatization for-handy-packaging - while asserting control of the mods; while minimizing any serious investigation of the corn sugars on humans (and other animals.)

Now: it appears that the only longterm human-safe use for these megatonnages is apt to be a physics-nonsensical push for this ex-FOOD: making fuel! Shades of the current hydrogen scheme/dream. These fly because Muricans don't know shit about even basic physics.

We aren't Nearly! smart enough (or honest enough) or.. sane enough to extrapolate fruit fly experiments towards -specially- anything having to do with personal aggrandizement: I think that leaves out most projections, at least where capitalism is the major religion?

But ugly outcomes won't $top bizness, nor (likely) will distracted 'we'.

I can see $$ signs and VC checkbooks, already. I. See.

~~Dreams~~ of becoming the First Trillionaire
~~ and floating just ^above^
== the schematic for creation of the even-more-Docile Consumer:
who will spend 18 hours in a rilly-tiny cubicle. Complaisantly.

Single gene turns docile fruit flies into fighters. - (Another Scott) - (28)
         Not useful in nature vs nurture debate - (warmachine) - (25)
             Good points. We'll see. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
             Not entirely invalid. - (Andrew Grygus) - (23)
                 hogwash, pits are a dog, canine no more vicious - (boxley) - (22)
                     Speaking of vicious chihuahuas - (broomberg) - (1)
                         sneaky little bastards arnt they :-) -NT - (boxley)
                     I find that easy to agree with . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (19)
                         well, they are not all bad, dog soup is popular in places -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                             Yeah, like next door. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                 ICLRPD (new thread) - (drewk)
                         But a houseful of dead fish isnt smelly at all... -NT - (bionerd) - (14)
                             Naw, he douches his house regularly -NT - (boxley)
                             Fresh fish isn't smelly - and . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                 Just cooked some catfish tonight. YUM! - (imqwerky) - (2)
                                     I had a client wander in to pick up a compuer . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                         YANandrewLRPD (new thread) - (imqwerky)
                             Now, I will confess to a particular resentment . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
                                 who cares if they are worthless you already got laid -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                     Yeah, but that's not enough. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                         I always loved a woman who would sleep over - (boxley)
                                 You cant leave a dog alone all night. - (bionerd) - (4)
                                     Commentary: - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                         Then dont pursue women with dogs. - (bionerd) - (2)
                                             Then don't pursue women with dogs. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                 ICLRPD (new thread) - (Silverlock)
                         dupe -NT - (bionerd)
         Variation on Clockwork Orange - (ChrisR) - (1)
             Thou sayest - (Ashton)

Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!
105 ms