IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New A SFO domestic terminal evacuated. Explosives residue found.
A story from the BBC [link|http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/americas/newsid_1792000/1792113.stm|here].

A domestic terminal at San Francisco International Airport has been evacuated after a man disappeared when traces of explosives were found on his shoes.

Officials shut some 30 gates at the airport early on Wednesday after security guards detected the residue. All outgoing flights from that part of the airport were held.

The man, who was checking in for a United Airlines flight, vanished into a crowd before guards could question him.

Thousands of passengers who were evacuated from the United Airlines terminal will screened again by security personnel before being allowed back in, an airport spokesman said.

The terminal is being reopened, but massive flight delays are expected as a result of the scare.

Police and airport staff are continuing to look for the man.

[...]

The alert began as passengers were being checked through security at the beginning of the morning rush at the airport.

A random test for explosives discovered a possible residue on the trainers of a male passenger.

The man told the staff it could have come from fireworks and then vanished, Fox News reported.

It is unclear why he was allowed to put his shoes back on, a spokesman said.

"When they went to stop him, he didn't stop," airport spokesman Mike McCarron said. "Given the confusion he may not even know they wanted to ask him questions."

[...]

Hmm.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Remind me not to fly around new years or 7/4
My Dreams aren't as empty as my conscience seems to be
     A SFO domestic terminal evacuated. Explosives residue found. - (Another Scott) - (1)
         Remind me not to fly around new years or 7/4 -NT - (boxley)

And on mic: the l-l-lovely... Cher!
30 ms