IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Whew! And, we're back!
Apologies to everyone for such a long downtime.

I got home at 4:30pm CST and immediately started to work. For some reason, the firewall box, seemingly, wouldn't stay on the network for more then a few seconds.

I switched out NICs, I switched out motherboards, I even switched out physical machines. I finally removed my internal network from the equation, plugging a single box into the line and started a continuous ping and watched while it stay on for 30-45 seconds, drop off, cycle back up, stay up for 30-45 seconds, etc... It was obviously something out of my control.

I called into @Home support *cringe* and quickly went through first level support, and finally got to talk to someone in "Senior Level Support" who, after hmm'ing and hrmm'ing for 20 mins, finally found that my modem "status" was set to "pending" somewhere, and sent out an update to reset it.

From what I gathered, these RCA cable modems tend to lock up at times, and if at just the right moment can cause your "status" to become out of sync. This, thereby, causes your modem to never stay fully connected.

So, after a 45 minute push, all was well. And, we've been up since. *knock on wood*

Sorry again, folks, for such a terrible downtime. I hope that this is the last for awhile.

-Jason
----

My pid is Inigo Montoya. You "killed -9" my parent process. Prepare to vi.
New good job!
Sounds like I don't want to get a cable modem anytime soon :)
New I've never had this kind of problem with mine...
Regards,

-scott anderson
Expand Edited by admin July 24, 2001, 07:57:38 AM EDT
New me either

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://home.houston.rr.com/spiceware/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

New Re: good job!
Yeah, I wouldn't say this is typical.

I've had this cable modem for well over a year, and I've had to power cycle the modem a few times, and the line itself has gone maybe 2-3 times for 1-2 hours, and then this. But, really not bad overall.

This last problem was just really badly timed.

:)

-Jason
----

My pid is Inigo Montoya. You "killed -9" my parent process. Prepare to vi.
     Whew! And, we're back! - (jlalexander) - (4)
         good job! - (slugbug) - (3)
             I've never had this kind of problem with mine... -NT - (admin) - (1)
                 me either -NT - (SpiceWare)
             Re: good job! - (jlalexander)

This is nothing compared to Grand Theft Auto III, because you can't steal a taxi cab, pick up somebody, then drive into the ocean with him.
39 ms