IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Of course you thought he spied for Israel ...
based on his name. Now that it turns out he spied for Russia I bet you change your tune about the death penalty.
New <shrug> traitors are traitors.
New You need to listen to some Kinks.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New And you would be wrong! :)
To the US, Israel is a voracious parasite, but Russia a potential adversary.
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
New I guess that is why Pollard got a life sentence
and people who spied for the Soviet Union don't.

Michael Walker, convicted of spying for the Soviet Union, was released after 15 years of a 25 year sentence.
Richard Miller, convicted of spying for the Soviet Union, was released after 6 years of a 20-year sentence.
Clayton Lonetree convicted of spying for the Soviet Union was released after 9 years of a 25-year sentence
New Comparisons don't make much sense
In the first two cases you list below there are big problems with your comparison. I don't know enough about the third case to have an opinon on that one. Michael Walker was only a minor player in the spy ring and got a reduced setence for turning evidence against his father (who was the leader and got multiple life sentences).

Second, from what I have read the whole Richard Miller case was messed up, and the government had difficulty showing that he was actually guilty of espionage. He had classified documents at his apartment and was having an affair with a woman who was a foreign spy, both grounds for dismissal but neither a major crime on their own.

As for Pollard, I'm sorta split on his case. Superficially it looks like he got a bit of a raw deal, but it has also never been made public exactly what information he passed to Israel except that there was apparently a lot. He also greatly hurt his case by working a plea deal with the government and then violating the deal before the trial was even over.

From what I have read, the Israeli government has not helped his case either. Their repeated public support of Pollard with a "Yes he was a spy but he was good one" line doesn't help him here. And they have apparently often use his cases as a negotiating ploy, with no real interest in getting him released.

Jay
New CIA traitor Aldrich Hazen Ames is serving life.
FBI traitor Robert Hanssen is serving life.

Case closed.

Execute these bastards!
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
New its not like they are foreign born agents, those you trade
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Re: its not like they are ...
..while a marvel of concision (kudos - despite the lazily omitted .) it is also a pukka example of the perfect spot for that near-full-stop replacement for the comma, the - -

;

..since the last phrase is a complete sentence with subject + predicate.

Engrish punctuation - use it or loooseittokiddie-speak

Navy petty officer held on espionage charges - (JayMehaffey) - (19)
         If charges are proven, execution makes sense to me. - (a6l6e6x) - (17)
             Execution is ONLY - (folkert) - (7)
                 Whadya mean? - (imric) - (4)
                     I'm waiting for full recursion... - (jb4) - (3)
                         Already got it: War on Terror - (drewk) - (1)
                             Nah...It's more like a War on Police Action -NT - (jb4)
                         You mean "The War on the War on the War" - (imqwerky)
                 I was thinking ouside UCMJ. Like the Rosenbergs. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     Ah. Sorry my bad. -NT - (folkert)
             Of course you thought he spied for Israel ... - (bluke) - (8)
                 <shrug> traitors are traitors. -NT - (Simon_Jester)
                 You need to listen to some Kinks. -NT - (jake123)
                 And you would be wrong! :) - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                     I guess that is why Pollard got a life sentence - (bluke) - (4)
                         Comparisons don't make much sense - (JayMehaffey)
                         CIA traitor Aldrich Hazen Ames is serving life. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                             its not like they are foreign born agents, those you trade -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                 Re: its not like they are ... - (Ashton)
         Navy sailor suspected of spying for Russia - (jbrabeck)

My God, it's full of stars...
79 ms